IndiaDivine.org

Soon after pactice-Raphael

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My dear Raphael,

Paradoxically this is a good sign. It signifies that the Enquiry is working because a Vasana is beginning to come out. Eventually they all have to come out. So relax about that state imparttally, observe it and don't interfere until it expunges itself. I have this experience quite often. Once in the Ashram a very mild man suddenly showed anger. This surprised the Devotees and they told Bhagavan, he said 'good- a vasana is coming out'.

All love,

Alan--- On Wed, 2/12/09, beingnothing00 <beingnothing00 wrote:

beingnothing00 <beingnothing00 Soon after pactice Date: Wednesday, 2 December, 2009, 18:10

HI EveryoneI was wondering if others have had a similar experience to this with their practice.One or two days after I am able to practice inquiry much more intensely, much deeper, heavier emotions are experienced. Naturally, inquiry is practiced as that happens too.But I am not sure why they then appear in the first place.My tentative thought is that it is something to do with releasing repressed emotions as a result of inquiry, perhaps because the seeming controlling I has been diminished by another degree.NamasteRaphael

Dear Alan

Many thanks. That's very good to know.

If I can ask, would the practice of inquiry in the moments of it coming out and

being experienced be interference at all, or hasten it's resolution? Not sure

what Bhagavan said or would have said about that.

peace and love

Raphael

, Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs wrote:

>

> My dear Raphael,

>  

> Paradoxically this is a good sign. It signifies that the Enquiry is working

because a Vasana is beginning to come out. Eventually they all have to come out.

So relax about that state imparttally, observe it and don't interfere until it

expunges itself. I have this experience quite often. Once in the Ashram a very

mild man suddenly showed anger. This surprised the Devotees and they told

Bhagavan, he said 'good- a vasana is coming out'.

>  

> All love,

>  

> Alan

>

> --- On Wed, 2/12/09, beingnothing00 <beingnothing00 wrote:

>

>

> beingnothing00 <beingnothing00

> Soon after pactice

>

> Wednesday, 2 December, 2009, 18:10

>

>

>  

>

>

>

> HI Everyone

>

> I was wondering if others have had a similar experience to this with their

practice.

>

> One or two days after I am able to practice inquiry much more intensely, much

deeper, heavier emotions are experienced. Naturally, inquiry is practiced as

that happens too.

>

> But I am not sure why they then appear in the first place.

>

> My tentative thought is that it is something to do with releasing repressed

emotions as a result of inquiry, perhaps because the seeming controlling I has

been diminished by another degree.

>

> Namaste

> Raphael

>

Dear Raphael,

I have not come upon any comment by Bhagavan on that point. I think one must experiment. I have never done that.

From point of view a)Bhagavan encouraged SE as much as possible

b)maybe it is unnecessary

But I can't see it doing any harm.

All love,

Alan

--- On Thu, 3/12/09, beingnothing00 <beingnothing00 wrote:

beingnothing00 <beingnothing00 Re: Soon after pactice-Raphael Date: Thursday, 3 December, 2009, 0:12

Dear AlanMany thanks. That's very good to know.If I can ask, would the practice of inquiry in the moments of it coming out and being experienced be interference at all, or hasten it's resolution? Not sure what Bhagavan said or would have said about that.peace and loveRaphael, Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs@ ...> wrote:>> My dear Raphael,> Â > Paradoxically this is a good sign. It signifies that the Enquiry is working because a Vasana is beginning to come out. Eventually they all have to come out. So relax about that state imparttally, observe it and don't interfere until it expunges itself. I have this experience quite often. Once in the Ashram a very mild man suddenly

showed anger. This surprised the Devotees and they told Bhagavan, he said 'good- a vasana is coming out'.> Â > All love,> Â > Alan> > --- On Wed, 2/12/09, beingnothing00 <beingnothing00@ ...> wrote:> > > beingnothing00 <beingnothing00@ ...>> Soon after pactice> > Wednesday, 2 December, 2009, 18:10> > > Â > > > > HI Everyone> > I was wondering if others have had a similar experience to this with their practice.> > One or two days after I am able to practice inquiry much more intensely, much deeper, heavier

emotions are experienced. Naturally, inquiry is practiced as that happens too.> > But I am not sure why they then appear in the first place.> > My tentative thought is that it is something to do with releasing repressed emotions as a result of inquiry, perhaps because the seeming controlling I has been diminished by another degree.> > Namaste> Raphael>

Dear Alan

The many times I have done so, the emotion has dissipated quite a lot more

quickly than it would take without, so I guess I may as well continue. As you

say, it would not do any harm at the very least.

Many thanks

Namaste

Raphael

, Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs wrote:

>

> Dear Raphael,

>  

> I have not come upon any comment by Bhagavan on that point. I think one must

experiment. I have never done that.

>  

> From point of view a)Bhagavan encouraged SE as much as possible

> b)maybe it is unnecessary

> But I can't see it doing any harm.

>  

> All love,

>  

> Alan

>  

>

>

> --- On Thu, 3/12/09, beingnothing00 <beingnothing00 wrote:

>

>

> beingnothing00 <beingnothing00

> Re: Soon after pactice-Raphael

>

> Thursday, 3 December, 2009, 0:12

>

>

>  

>

>

>

> Dear Alan

>

> Many thanks. That's very good to know.

>

> If I can ask, would the practice of inquiry in the moments of it coming out

and being experienced be interference at all, or hasten it's resolution? Not

sure what Bhagavan said or would have said about that.

>

> peace and love

> Raphael

>

> , Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs@ ...>

wrote:

> >

> > My dear Raphael,

> >  

> > Paradoxically this is a good sign. It signifies that the Enquiry is working

because a Vasana is beginning to come out. Eventually they all have to come out.

So relax about that state imparttally, observe it and don't interfere until it

expunges itself. I have this experience quite often. Once in the Ashram a very

mild man suddenly showed anger. This surprised the Devotees and they told

Bhagavan, he said 'good- a vasana is coming out'.

> >  

> > All love,

> >  

> > Alan

> >

> > --- On Wed, 2/12/09, beingnothing00 <beingnothing00@ ...> wrote:

> >

> >

> > beingnothing00 <beingnothing00@ ...>

> > Soon after pactice

> >

> > Wednesday, 2 December, 2009, 18:10

> >

> >

> >  

> >

> >

> >

> > HI Everyone

> >

> > I was wondering if others have had a similar experience to this with their

practice.

> >

> > One or two days after I am able to practice inquiry much more intensely,

much deeper, heavier emotions are experienced. Naturally, inquiry is practiced

as that happens too.

> >

> > But I am not sure why they then appear in the first place.

> >

> > My tentative thought is that it is something to do with releasing repressed

emotions as a result of inquiry, perhaps because the seeming controlling I has

been diminished by another degree.

> >

> > Namaste

> > Raphael

> >

>

Dear Raphael,

I agree. It is a most promising step. All the very best,

Love,

Alan--- On Thu, 3/12/09, beingnothing00 <beingnothing00 wrote:

beingnothing00 <beingnothing00 Re: Soon after pactice-Raphael Date: Thursday, 3 December, 2009, 6:01

Dear AlanThe many times I have done so, the emotion has dissipated quite a lot more quickly than it would take without, so I guess I may as well continue. As you say, it would not do any harm at the very least.Many thanksNamasteRaphael, Alan Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs@ ...> wrote:>> Dear Raphael,> Â > I have not come upon any comment by Bhagavan on that point. I think one must experiment. I have never done that.> Â > From point of view a)Bhagavan encouraged SE as much as possible> b)maybe it is unnecessary> But I can't see it doing any harm.> Â > All love,> Â > Alan> Â > >

> --- On Thu, 3/12/09, beingnothing00 <beingnothing00@ ...> wrote:> > > beingnothing00 <beingnothing00@ ...>> Re: Soon after pactice-Raphael> > Thursday, 3 December, 2009, 0:12> > > Â > > > > Dear Alan> > Many thanks. That's very good to know.> > If I can ask, would the practice of inquiry in the moments of it coming out and being experienced be interference at all, or hasten it's resolution? Not sure what Bhagavan said or would have said about that.> > peace and love> Raphael> > , Alan

Jacobs <alanadamsjacobs@ ...> wrote:> >> > My dear Raphael,> >  > > Paradoxically this is a good sign. It signifies that the Enquiry is working because a Vasana is beginning to come out. Eventually they all have to come out. So relax about that state imparttally, observe it and don't interfere until it expunges itself. I have this experience quite often. Once in the Ashram a very mild man suddenly showed anger. This surprised the Devotees and they told Bhagavan, he said 'good- a vasana is coming out'.> >  > > All love,> >  > > Alan> > > > --- On Wed, 2/12/09, beingnothing00 <beingnothing00@ ...> wrote:> > > > > > beingnothing00 <beingnothing00@ ...>> > Soon after pactice> > @ .

com> > Wednesday, 2 December, 2009, 18:10> > > > > >  > > > > > > > > HI Everyone> > > > I was wondering if others have had a similar experience to this with their practice.> > > > One or two days after I am able to practice inquiry much more intensely, much deeper, heavier emotions are experienced. Naturally, inquiry is practiced as that happens too.> > > > But I am not sure why they then appear in the first place.> > > > My tentative thought is that it is something to do with releasing repressed emotions as a result of inquiry, perhaps because the seeming controlling I has been diminished by another degree.> > > > Namaste> > Raphael> >>