IndiaDivine.org

Ramana Maharshi about his Sadhana

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I know no such period ( or purgatory or sadhana). I never performed any pranayama or japa.I knew no mantras.I have never done any sadhana.I did not even know what sadhana was.I have no idea of mediation or comtemplation.Only long afterwards I came to know what sadhana was and how many different kinds of it there were.It is only if there was any object or anything different from me that I could think of it.Only if there was a goal to attain,I should have made sadhana to attain that goal.

There was nothing which I wanted to obtain.Even when i came to hear of such things later I was never attracted to them.Even now my mind refuses to pay attention to them.Sadhana Implies an object to be gained and the means of gaining it.What is there to be gained which we donot already possess? In meditation,concentration and contemplation,what we have to do is only not to think of anything but to be still.

This natural state is given many names - moksha,jnana,atma etc.. and these give rise to many controversies.Source: Arunachala's Ramana Volume I

-- à°“à°‚  నమో  భగవతే  శà±à°°à±€  రమణాయ  

à°ªà±à°°à°¶à°¾à°‚తౠ జలసూతà±à°°à°‚ à°ªà±à°°à±‡à°®à±‡ శాశà±à°µà°¤à°®à±