IndiaDivine.org

Sri Ramakrishna Says Guru Will Let You Know Who You Are And What Your Real Nature Is

Rate this topic

Guest guest

ONCE, a tigress attacked a flock of goats. As she sprang on her prey, she gave birth to a cub and died. The cub grew up in the company of the goats. The goats ate grass and the cub followed their example. They bleated: the cub bleated too.

Gradually it grew to be a big tiger. One day another tiger attacked the same flock. It was amazed to see the grass-eating tiger. Running after it, the wild tiger at last seized it, whereupon the grass-eating tiger began to bleat. 

The wild tiger dragged it to the water and said: " Look at your face in the water. It is just like mine. Here is a little meat. Eat it. " Saying this, it thrust some meat into its mouth. But the grass-eating tiger would not swallow it and began to bleat again. Gradually, however, it got the taste for blood and came to relish the meat. 

Then the wild tiger said: " Now you see, there is no difference between you and me. Come along and follow me into the forest. " So there can be no fear if the guru's grace descends on one. He will let you know who you are and what your real nature is.

Source: Tales and Parables of Sri Ramakrishna

-- Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

Prasanth JalasutramLove And Love Alone