IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: FW: McDonald's confirming thier chips contain Beef Extract

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In Below site i have gathered below information.

http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexchange/ingredientslist.pdf

French Fries:

Potatoes, vegetable oil (canola oil, hydrogenated soybean oil, natural beef flavor [wheat and milk derivatives]*, citric acid [preservative]), dextrose, sodium acid

pyrophosphate (maintain color), salt. Prepared in vegetable oil (Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with TBHQ and citric acid added to

preserve freshness). Dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent.

CONTAINS: WHEAT AND MILK *(Natural beef flavor contains hydrolyzed wheat and hydrolyzed milk as starting ingredients).

Ketchup Packet:

Tomato concentrate from red ripe tomatoes, distilled vinegar, high fructose corn syrup, water, corn syrup, salt, natural flavors (vegetable source).

---------- Forwarded message ----------Rammohan G

Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 12:06 PM

FW: McDonald's confirming thier chips contain Beef Extract

Dear All

See

below..................a direct response from McDonald's confirming their chips contain Beef

Extract!!! Sorry, but thought you should

all know!

This

is also confirmed on McDonalds own web site – follow this link: http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexchange/itemDetailInfo.do

McDonalds.CustomerCare

Hello Leena:

Thank you for taking the time to contact McDonald's. We appreciate this

opportunity to share information with you about our French fries.

For flavour

enhancement, McDonald's French fry suppliers use a very small amount of beef

flavour as a natural

flavouring during the

par-frying process at the potato processing plant. In the restaurant, the

French fries are cooked in vegetable oil.

You may be interested to know that we recently updated our nutrition information

to include the ingredients in " natural flavours " for all our US core menu

items. Customers will now be able to find out if a natural flavour comes from a dairy, meat

or vegetable source. If you are interested in reviewing this information,

please visit our web site at www.mcdonalds.com.

We hope this information is helpful and we appreciate the time you took

to contact us.

Lisa

McDonald's Customer Response Centre

ref#:6490778

You wrote:

I am a pure vegetarian (Hindu). I received the following information by

e-mail to the effect that your fries are cooked in animal fat - is this true?

If so why do you do this?  Most people (even meat eaters) find

even the idea of it disgusting!

" McDonald's fries is coated with a layer of either cow fat or lard (pig

fat which is thicker and cheaper) then shipped to all McDonald's stores over

the world, which is then fried in vegetable fat. "

Also, I see from your website that the ingredients for your fries contain

" Natural Beef Flavour "

- does this mean they contain beef extract? If so, you need to clearly inform

your staff as well as the public - I have always been told the fries are

cooked in vegetable oil and are suitable for pure vegetarians, but if they

are coated in " beef flavour "

before frying, then this is a lie! This is really important for people who

are pure vegetarians for religious reasons. Please comment.

-- à°“à°‚  నమో  భగవతే  శà±à°°à±€  రమణాయ   à°ªà±à°°à°¶à°¾à°‚తౠ జలసూతà±à°°à°‚ à°ªà±à°°à±‡à°®à±‡ శాశà±à°µà°¤à°®à±  

Namaste Prasanth

tku so much for forwarding this important message

trying to live "spiritual" means for myself eating conscious - knowing what comes in influences us in so many ways

in Sri Ramana Maharshi

michael

-

Prasanth Jalasutram

Friday, January 08, 2010 1:58 PM

Fwd: FW: McDonald's confirming thier chips contain Beef Extract

In Below site i have gathered below information.

http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexchange/ingredientslist.pdf

French Fries:

Potatoes, vegetable oil (canola oil, hydrogenated soybean oil, natural beef flavor [wheat and milk derivatives]*, citric acid [preservative]), dextrose, sodium acid

pyrophosphate (maintain color), salt. Prepared in vegetable oil (Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with TBHQ and citric acid added to

preserve freshness). Dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent.

CONTAINS: WHEAT AND MILK *(Natural beef flavor contains hydrolyzed wheat and hydrolyzed milk as starting ingredients).

Ketchup Packet:

Tomato concentrate from red ripe tomatoes, distilled vinegar, high fructose corn syrup, water, corn syrup, salt, natural flavors (vegetable source).

---------- Forwarded message ----------Rammohan G

Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 12:06 PMFW: McDonald's confirming thier chips contain Beef Extract

Dear All

See below..................a direct response from McDonald's confirming their chips contain Beef Extract!!! Sorry, but thought you should all know!

This is also confirmed on McDonalds own web site – follow this link: http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexchange/itemDetailInfo.do

McDonalds.CustomerCare.com

Hello Leena:Thank you for taking the time to contact McDonald's. We appreciate this opportunity to share information with you about our French fries. For flavour enhancement, McDonald's French fry suppliers use a very small amount of beef flavour as a natural flavouring during the par-frying process at the potato processing plant. In the restaurant, the French fries are cooked in vegetable oil. You may be interested to know that we recently updated our nutrition information to include the ingredients in "natural flavours" for all our US core menu items. Customers will now be able to find out if a natural flavour comes from a dairy, meat or vegetable source. If you are interested in reviewing this information, please visit our web site at www.mcdonalds.com. We hope this information is helpful and we appreciate the time you took to contact us. Lisa McDonald's Customer Response Centre ref#:6490778You wrote: I am a pure vegetarian (Hindu). I received the following information by e-mail to the effect that your fries are cooked in animal fat - is this true? If so why do you do this? Most people (even meat eaters) find even the idea of it disgusting! "McDonald's fries is coated with a layer of either cow fat or lard (pig fat which is thicker and cheaper) then shipped to all McDonald's stores over the world, which is then fried in vegetable fat." Also, I see from your website that the ingredients for your fries contain "Natural Beef Flavour" - does this mean they contain beef extract? If so, you need to clearly inform your staff as well as the public - I have always been told the fries are cooked in vegetable oil and are suitable for pure vegetarians, but if they are coated in "beef flavour" before frying, then this is a lie! This is really important for people who are pure vegetarians for religious reasons. Please comment.

-- à°“à°‚ నమో భగవతే à°¶à±à°°à±€ రమణాయ à°ªà±à°°à°¶à°¾à°‚తౠజలసూతà±à°°à°‚ à°ªà±à°°à±‡à°®à±‡ శాశà±à°µà°¤à°®à±