IndiaDivine.org

Sri Ramakrishna Compares Narrow-minded Persons With Frog In The Well

Rate this topic

Guest guest

A FROG lived in a well. It had lived there for a long time. It was born and brought up there. And it was a small little frog. One day another frog that had lived in the sea came and fell into that well.The frog of the well asked the new-comer, " Whence are you? " The frog of the sea replied, " I am from the sea. " The frog of the well questioned:

" The sea! How big is that? " The frog of the sea said, " It is very big. " The frog of the well stretched its legs and questioned, " Ah! Is your sea so big? " The frog of the sea said, " It is much bigger. " The frog of the well then took a leap from one side of the well to the other, and asked, " Is it as big as this,my well? " " My friend”, said the frog of the sea, " how can you compare the sea with your well? "

The frog of the well asserted: " No, there can never be anything bigger than my well. Indeed, nothing can be bigger than this! This fellow is a liar, he must be turned out. " Such is the case with every narrow-minded man.

Sitting in his own little well, he thinks that the whole world is no bigger than his well.Source: Tales and Parables of Sri Ramakrishna

-- Om Namo Bhagavate Sri Ramanaya

Prasanth JalasutramLove And Love Alone