IndiaDivine.org

worksheet-Margarita and Donna-update

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Me again...I have gone through all the lessons, and can' find a place setting forth all the rules explaining the worksheet computation...and there are some 1800 messages to sift through, not a good use of time, as i lost all the messages i had kept on the subject when my old computer crashed...i went through some old written notes taken before my old computer crashed, and would like to pass them by you, in bold in the text of my prior e-mail on the subject, reproduced below. Thanks for your help. Maybe I am not meant to study this system!

Dear Margarita, Donna and List Members:

HELP, PLEASE : I think that either i am doing smthg wrong or the worksheet does smthg wrong. I assume it's me, but where? By way of example, imputing ABA/ACA, the man born 1/22/1922, in the "Basic" sheet, I did the fllwg: 1. I imputed lagna # 11 [the sign number] 2. In rows 10 to 16, I imputed the house number [not its sign number] for each planet. 3. In rows 4a to 4d, under Mars, I imputed Sun, Mercury, Venus, since they are in 4th from Mars, and Mars only has 2 bindus [same thing up to 4 bindus, inclusive] 4. In rows 14a to 14d, I entered the "standard jyotish" aspects for each planet.****** Under Sun, Jupiter and Mars. Under Moon, Saturn. Under Mercury, Jupiter and Mars. Under Venus, Jupiter and Mars. I did nthg more in the Basic sheet. ******What would we do if 5/6 planets were samdharmi to 1 planet w/ 4 or less bindus? There is not enough space...

I then went to the detailed calculations for Hse 1, AND believe there is a mistake: On rows 7a and 7b, the Moon shows up as lord of D and occupant of D, respectively. OK. On row 8a, it is given 5 pts as expected. OK. But, on row 8b, it is given 7 pts.....and I think it should get 5 pts only. Am I wrong? The instructions to the left also say to add 5 pts. I looked at 2 other charts which also showed more than 5 pts in row 8b for the planet that is the occupant of D. Is this right? If not, how do I correct it?

That's one problem. According to my notes,

1. a planet in D or E w/ less than 4 bindus gets no additional points. If that

same planet happens to be lord of D or E, it gets 5 pts.

2. a planet in D or E w/ 4 bindus gets 4 additional points, 5 bindus...gets 5 additional points...7 bindus...gets 7 additional pts. And if it happens to be lord of D or E it also gets an additional 5 pts as in #1 above.

So in ABA/ACA, the MOON having 7 bindus and being occupant of D, got 7 pts on row 8b, and this is ok. But then, the language to the left, referring to the addition of 5 pts, is confusing for ill-informed people like me. Is my understanding correct?

The other difficulty, though not impacting computation, but rather creating confusion, is that the instructions refer to "points", but smtmes pts means extrapolated pts and smtmes it means bindus at the natal location place in samudaya ashtakavarga, and some other times it means bindus in the binnashtaka varga of the particular planet. Hard to double check the computation! Lastly, Margarita, you kindly said:

In the instruction sheet you will see that the points of the all planets are automatically calculated. I assume this includes the benefic pts due to sight of D and E lords? The only thing you must look at are the points for Sun and Moon as 12th house lords, this because of limitation of programming. If Sun or Moon have more than 4 points the worksheet will calculate their sight as negative points, so just add them back.

Just to make sure I understand properly: There can never be more than 2 houses that may need individual manual adjustments, those where Moon and Sun are L12 for the house under consideration. And no adjustment will be necessary unless this Sun or Moon has more than 4 bindus and aspects a planet. The only adjustment will be in row 16e [of the concerned house] in the column of the planet that is aspected by Sun or Moon. The adjustment in row 16e will be equal to the number of points deducted in the column for that aspected planet in row -16a -in red. No adjustment should be made in the Moon or Sun column.

Having gone through the lessons and my notes, i find another ambiguity, in my mind. If planet A is in 10th from B, B may not act for A if A has more than 4 bindus. B may act for A if A has less than 4 bindus. Question: Is B able to act for A if A has exactly 4 bindus?

Hope this is not seen as criticism of the worksheet, I am trying to understand it and I might not even attempt this system without it. Until I do master the worksheet though, I am not comfortable applying the rules.

Many thanks and regards Christine

Ex: Sun has 6 points and aspects Saturn. For house "x" Sun is the 12th lord so the worksheet will deduce 6 points from Saturn due to the sight of the Sun. So you just give the 6 points back to Saturn (but only when sun is 12th lord from "x"). But by reading the "instruction" page, it all will become clear.

Guest guest

Hello Christine, Don't worry, sometimes we all suffer from data overflow or something similar but then things clear up. I went through your mail and type my comments in capital letters, that's perhaps the easiest way to follow

-

XINEFOURNI

Tuesday, June 19, 2001 5:21 AM

Re: worksheet-Margarita and Donna-update

Me again...I have gone through all the lessons, and can' find a place setting forth all the rules explaining the worksheet computation...and there are some 1800 messages to sift through, not a good use of time, as i lost all the messages i had kept on the subject when my old computer crashed...i went through some old written notes taken before my old computer crashed, and would like to pass them by you, in bold in the text of my prior e-mail on the subject, reproduced below. Thanks for your help. Maybe I am not meant to study this system!

Dear Margarita, Donna and List Members: HELP, PLEASE : I think that either i am doing smthg wrong or the worksheet does smthg wrong. I assume it's me, but where? By way of example, imputing ABA/ACA, the man born 1/22/1922, in the "Basic" sheet, I did the fllwg: 1. I imputed lagna # 11 [the sign number] 2. In rows 10 to 16, I imputed the house number [not its sign number] for each planet. OK3. In rows 4a to 4d, under Mars, I imputed Sun, Mercury, Venus, since they are in 4th from Mars, and Mars only has 2 bindus [same thing up to 4 bindus, YES, THAT's CORRECTinclusive] 4. In rows 14a to 14d, I entered the "standard jyotish" aspects for each planet.****** Under Sun, Jupiter and Mars. Under Moon, Saturn. Under Mercury, Jupiter and Mars. Under Venus, Jupiter and Mars. CORRECTI did nthg more in the Basic sheet. ******What would we do if 5/6 planets were samdharmi to 1 planet w/ 4 or less bindus? There is not enough space... THAT'S CORRECT. BUT SOMEHOW ONE OF THESE PLANETS WILL HAVE 4 POINTS AND WILL BE NEUTRAL (NO GIVING POINTS TRHGOUGH SIGHT) SO YOU JUST SKIP ONE WITH 4 POINTSI then went to the detailed calculations for Hse 1, AND believe there is a mistake: On rows 7a and 7b, the Moon shows up as lord of D and occupant of D, respectively. OK. On row 8a, it is given 5 pts as expected. OK. But, on row 8b, it is given 7 pts.....and I think it should get 5 pts only. Am I wrong? The instructions to the left also say to add 5 pts. I looked at 2 other charts which also showed more than 5 pts in row 8b for the planet that is the occupant of D. Is this right? If not, how do I correct it? That's one problem. According to my notes,

I THINK YOU ARE MIXING UP 2 THINGS

ABOUT THE 5 POINTS

FOR THE 1ST HOUSE MOON CONTRIBUTES 5 POINTS BECAUSE IT IS LORD OF E (LORDS OF D AND E CONTRIBUTE ALWAYS 5 POINTS, SAME WITH PLANETS IN THOSE HOUSES WITH MORE THAN 4 POINTS) THE WORKSHEET TAKES CARE OF THAT SO YOU DON't HAVE TO BOTHER.

ABOUT THE 7 POINTS

I THINK YOU INDEED FOUND AN ERROR? THIS SHOULD BE 5 POINTS BECAUSE THESE ARE THE POINTS AS A LORD OR PLANET IN D AND/OR E. YOU CAN EVENTUALLY CORRECT THEM IN ROW 16eBY TAKING OFF 2 POINTS. WE HAVE TA ASK SANJAY WHAT HAPPEND THERE

1. a planet in D or E w/ less than 4 bindus gets no additional points. If that

same planet happens to be lord of D or E, it gets 5 pts.

2. a planet in D or E w/ 4 bindus gets 4 additional points, 5 bindus...gets 5 additional points...7 bindus...gets 7 additional pts. And if it happens to be lord of D or E it also gets an additional 5 pts as in #1 above. So in ABA/ACA, the MOON having 7 bindus and being occupant of D, got 7 pts on row 8b, and this is ok. But then, the language to the left, referring to the addition of 5 pts, is confusing for ill-informed people like me. Is my understanding correct? I DON'T THINK SO. THE 7 POINTS OF THE MOON ARE CONSIDERED THROUGH ASPECT. NOW JUST IMAGINE THERE WAS A PLANET IN THE OPPOSITE HOUSE OF THE MOON , THEN THE MOON WOULD CAST OR TAKE AWAY 7 GOOD POINTS FROM THAT PLANET. THIS IS THE CASE FOR EVERY PLANET ASPECTING ANOTHER ONE.

NOW WE HAVE TO CONSIDER 2 THINGS

PLANETS HAVING LESS BINDUS WILL GIVE POSITIVE POINTS ON THE PLANETS THEY ASPECT BUT WHEN THOSE ASPECTING PLANETS ARE LORD OF THE 12TH,THIS GOOD POINTS SHOULD NOT BE ATTRIBUTED. BUT HERE THE WORKSHEET DOES THE JOB

THE WORKSHEET DOES NOT DO THE JOB FOR THE SUN AND THE MOON

WHEN SUN AND MOON ARE LORD OF THE 12TH HOUSES AND HAVE MORE THEN 4 BINDUS THE WORKSHEET WILL SUBSTRACT THE ASPECTPOINTS AS IT DOES FOR THE OTHER PLANETS JUST BECAUSE THE PROGRAM CANNOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE PLANETS. SO WE JUST ADD THOS POINTS BACK

IMAGINE MOON HAS 6 BINDUS AND ASPECTS MERCURY SO THE WORKSHEET WILL TAKE OFF THOSE 6 POINTS FROM MERCURY AND THAT4S OK EXCEPT FOR THE HOUSES FOR WITCH MOON IS THE 12TH LORD.

SO FIRST LOOK IF SUN AND MOON HAVE MORE THAN 4 BINDUS, IF NOT FORGET THEM

IF ONE OF THEM HAS MORE THEN 4 BINDUS, MAKE OUT IF THEY ASPECT A PLANET, IF NOT, FORGET THEM.

I THINK THAT'S THE EASIEST WAY

The other difficulty, though not impacting computation, but rather creating confusion, is that the instructions refer to "points", but smtmes pts means extrapolated pts and smtmes it means bindus at the natal location place in samudaya ashtakavarga, and some other times it means bindus in the binnashtaka varga of the particular planet. Hard to double check the computation! Lastly, Margarita, you kindly said:

In the instruction sheet you will see that the points of the all planets are automatically calculated. I assume this includes the benefic pts due to sight of D and E lords? The only thing you must look at are the points for Sun and Moon as 12th house lords, this because of limitation of programming. If Sun or Moon have more than 4 points the worksheet will calculate their sight as negative points, so just add them back. YES, THAT,S THE WAY TO UNDERSTAND IT SO IF MOON HAS 7 BINDUS THE WORKSHEET WILL TAKE 7 POINTS FROM MERCURY, AND YOU JUST GIVE THEM BACK IF MOON IS LORD OF 12Just to make sure I understand properly: There can never be more than 2 houses that may need individual manual adjustments, those where Moon and Sun are L12 for the house under consideration. And no adjustment will be necessary unless this Sun or Moon has more than 4 bindus and aspects a planet. The only adjustment will be in row 16e [of the concerned house] in the column of the planet that is aspected by Sun or Moon. The adjustment in row 16e will be equal to the number of points deducted in the column for that aspected planet in row -16a -in red. No adjustment should be made in the Moon or Sun column.YES, THAT'S ITHaving gone through the lessons and my notes, i find another ambiguity, in my mind. If planet A is in 10th from B, B may not act for A if A has more than 4 bindus. B may act for A if A has less than 4 bindus. Question: Is B able to act for A if A has exactly 4 bindus? Hope this is not seen as criticism of the worksheet, I am trying to understand it and I might not even attempt this system without it. Until I do master the worksheet though, I am not comfortable applying the rules.

IN ONE OF HIS MAILS KRUSHNA COMPARED THOSE PLANETS TO PEOPLE : THE ONES WITH MANY POINTS TRY TO BE THE BOSS. SO I SUPPOSE THAT, ACCORDING TO THEIR STRENGHT AND OTHER FACTORS LIKE HOUSEPLACEMENT, THEIR INHERENT NATURE, WE JUDGE THIS; BUT I THINK IT' S BETTER NOT TO FOCUS TOO MUCH ON LITTLE DETAILS.

BY DOING THE WORKSHEET FOR EVERY NEW CHART I GET, I REALIZE THAT I DID MISTAKES IN THE FORMER ONES BUT IT'S ONLY STILL A FEW POINTS AND I DON't THINK THIS MATTERS MUCH, ESPECIALLY IN THE BEGINNING; THIS SYSTEM GIVES A GLOBAL PICTURE AND IF REALLY A PLANET IS HAVING VERY HIGH OR VERY LOW POINTS YOU WILL SEE IT AND SMALL ERRORS WILL NOT INTERVENE. SO I HOPE I WILL NOT KEEP YOU AWAKE

GOOD LUCK AND DON'T WORRY TOO MUCH

BEST WISHES

MARGARITAMany thanks and regards Christine

Ex: Sun has 6 points and aspects Saturn. For house "x" Sun is the 12th lord so the worksheet will deduce 6 points from Saturn due to the sight of the Sun. So you just give the 6 points back to Saturn (but only when sun is 12th lord from "x"). But by reading the "instruction" page, it all will become clear.