IndiaDivine.org

ayanamsa values

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello Donna,Sanjay or whoever,

Sorry to bother you about something that was clear some months ago. I had to reinstall my Goravani Jyotish which I use and I tried to redefine Krushna's ayanamsha but somehow things don't fit. This is what I did :

In the "user difined" section I put 24/02/0366 as starting date (I use european dates)

In the next blank I put 50.33

In the next section, after 01/01/1900 I put 21:26:44

I checked "list also".

Is there something I did wrong because the ayanamsha still doesn't come out correctly (it did before!!)

All help wellcome

Many thanks

Margarita

Dear Margarita -

Sorry to bother you about something that was clear some months ago. I had to reinstall my Goravani Jyotish which I use and I tried to redefine Krushna's ayanamsha but somehow things don't fit. This is what I did :

In the "user difined" section I put 24/02/0366 as starting date (I use european dates)

In the next blank I put 50.33

In the next section, after 01/01/1900 I put 21:26:44

I checked "list also".

Is there something I did wrong because the ayanamsha still doesn't come out correctly (it did before!!)

I use Krushna's Ayanamsha Calculator Program to get the correct ayanamsha and apply it to Parahara's Light. I haven't used Goravani's program in ages, and don't remember, so I can't even suggest what to use for the ayanamsha settings there. I know that Peter has these settings and uses Goravani, so perhaps he can help you the best.

Donna

Dear Margarita,

As far as I can see you have set the Ayanamsa correctly. There is only one difference with the way I set my own. In mine I set my birthday in the list and nothing else. My birthday is 23 June 1930 and the ayanamsa at that time was 21 51 27 as calculated by Krushna when looking at my chart. I did initially try one or two values in the list but this value gave me the best results. With my settings I am not saying that you will get the same Ayanamsa as Krushna but you will get the same lagna and planets positions. The lagna is sometime about 2-3minutes difference from Krushna but not often as far as that.

Peter

Thank you Peter for your comments.But if you only use you birthday as reference which is in 1930, are date prior to that date also calculated correctly ?

Many thanks

Margarita

-

Peter Sutcliffe

Thursday, August 23, 2001 3:56 PM

Re: ayanamsa values

Dear Margarita,

As far as I can see you have set the Ayanamsa correctly. There is only one difference with the way I set my own. In mine I set my birthday in the list and nothing else. My birthday is 23 June 1930 and the ayanamsa at that time was 21 51 27 as calculated by Krushna when looking at my chart. I did initially try one or two values in the list but this value gave me the best results. With my settings I am not saying that you will get the same Ayanamsa as Krushna but you will get the same lagna and planets positions. The lagna is sometime about 2-3minutes difference from Krushna but not often as far as that.

Peter