IndiaDivine.org

.Question on Krushna's Ayanamsha - Correction

Rate this topic

Guest guest

..Dear Ron -

Sorry, I really blew that calculation. It's not THAT far off. It would merely mean the charts are off by 1.38 seconds, which probably isn't enough to worry about - in most cases.

Krushna had suggested that we all use the Ayanamsha Calculator that I created so that we can all be on the same page. It will come up with the re-calculated ayanamsha for that particular year as well as the correction that needs to be made for it. And this has been working just fine so far. The small amount that you're referring to is minor as far as I know. The table that we originally used in Lesson 6 is no longer applicable for our purposes since we changed to the Ayanamsha Calculator which is a lot easier.

A good suggestion also, would be to put down the people that you're closest to on an index card, with the Calculated Ayanamsha for their year and the correction that needs to be subtracted from Lahiri. This way all you have to do is glance at the card for future reference and you can easily put the ayanamsha correction in for each individual without having to look it up each time.

Donna

Dear Donna,

Although I have been very happy with my user defined Ayanamsa for both GJ and PL i have wondered how you can put in a single ayanamsa for a chart when using those two programs. Do you have to alter the user ayanamsa (or the offset in PL) for each different chart ?

Peter