IndiaDivine.org

Question on Krushna's Ayanamsha - Correct...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Peter -

Although I have been very happy with my user defined Ayanamsa for both GJ and PL i have wondered how you can put in a single ayanamsa for a chart when using those two programs. Do you have to alter the user ayanamsa (or the offset in PL) for each different chart ?

Hello Peter! Long time no see! Glad to see you back on the list again. We missed you. . . ;))

Well, since I've been using the Ayanamsha Calculator, yes, this is what has to be done unfortunately. As an example for instance, I use Parashara's Light 2000. I look up my ayanamsha on the Calculator. It says 22:08:08 for Krushna's Ayanamsha. Then underneath it tells me the correction that I need to make for it which is 01:00:34, so when I make the adjustment, I merely put 01:00:34 in the user defined area at the bottom of the calculation window which subtracts it from Lahiri and it comes out pretty accurate. (I'm not sure how it works in GJ, because I don't really use it much, preferring Parashara's Light instead) Of course, if I have another chart I have to do the same thing all over again in order to calculate THAT ayanamsha which can be hard sometimes to remember to do, but with the Calculator, I find it alot more easier than before.

What do YOU use on GJ settings as a constant? I remember we went over this a while ago, but I've since forgotten.

Donna

Dear Peter -

Although I haven't been writing too much on this list I have been reading most of the posts and when I thought one had much to learn in it I printed it out and put it in a folder. Now I have completed the MaHaBote course I am hoping to catch up a bit on the astakavarga material - and there is quite a lot of it.

There sure is! You don't realize how much you've forgotten until you start to read it all back again! It's almost like starting from scratch!

Regarding GJ I have always used the settings which Ron quoted earlier tonight that is 24th Feb 366 AD but I also put in the ayanamsa for my own chart which (Krushna calculated for right at the start of the list) as an add in and tick the "use the list box". This has worked well for me. I have just put in Ron's slight revision and tried it out on my own chart and it did not alter anything at all.

Well, as long as it works fine for you, then that's good too.. as long as we all come up with the right answers in the end, that's the important thing.

(By the way I like smaller people - my wife is only 5' 2" and weighs 84lbs (wet through). If we go to he doctor together and he wants an X-Ray I usually suggest he just holds her up to the light!!!.

That's FUNNY! . . . she really IS small at that weight!!

Donna

Donna,

Although I haven't been writing too much on this list I have been reading most of the posts and when I thought one had much to learn in it I printed it out and put it in a folder. Now I have completed the MaHaBote course I am hoping to catch up a bit on the astakavarga material - and there is quite a lot of it.

Regarding GJ I have always used the settings which Ron quoted earlier tonight that is 24th Feb 366 AD but I also put in the ayanamsa for my own chart which (Krushna calculated for right at the start of the list) as an add in and tick the "use the list box". This has worked well for me. I have just put in Ron's slight revision and tried it out on my own chart and it did not alter anything at all.

(By the way I like smaller people - my wife is only 5' 2" and weighs 84lbs (wet through). If we go to he doctor together and he wants an X-Ray I usually suggest he just holds her up to the light!!!.

Peter

Peter