IndiaDivine.org

Digest Number 360

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Margarita,

As you know, the ephemeris indicate the place of the Moon as seen from the

center of the earth. To get the Moon position as seen from the observer, you

have to take in account the parallax (wich is 1° maximum). This parallax

correction changes the planetary periods and some Divisional Charts.

So, in your calculations, do you calculate the Moon as you observed it in

Niger, or as the ephemeris imagined it from the center of the earth?

Thanks a lot

Denis

I started studying western astrology in 1984 because my children were

growing up and I had much time for myself. I quickly realized that the sky

didn't look like the ephemeris. We were in Niger at that time, a country

between Nigeria and Algeria were the skies are very dark and the stars

clear.

Hello Denis,

Years ago I was not aware there existed this difference of the Moon. Now, when I calculate the charts, I turn off this parallax correction just as to "fit" the values used by Krushna. I really don't know if it makes a big difference, perhaps it does after a certain time and it would be interesing to check the charts with both moon positions. But as I find this time consuming but it could be valuable if we really had a perfectly accurate TOB which is seldom the case. "Parallax on or off" have both their adepts who truely believe their approach is right. I myself don't bother too much but I can understand that some people find it important.

The day I master more the AV system and I have nothing else to do I could perhaps explore which works best, on condition that the TOB is absolutely right.

Best regards

Margarita

-

DENIS LABOURE

Saturday, September 29, 2001 9:45 AM

Re: Digest Number 360

Dear Margarita,As you know, the ephemeris indicate the place of the Moon as seen from thecenter of the earth. To get the Moon position as seen from the observer, youhave to take in account the parallax (wich is 1° maximum). This parallaxcorrection changes the planetary periods and some Divisional Charts.So, in your calculations, do you calculate the Moon as you observed it inNiger, or as the ephemeris imagined it from the center of the earth?Thanks a lotDenisI started studying western astrology in 1984 because my children weregrowing up and I had much time for myself. I quickly realized that the skydidn't look like the ephemeris. We were in Niger at that time, a countrybetween Nigeria and Algeria were the skies are very dark and the starsclear.