IndiaDivine.org

GJ Software - Ayanamsa

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear List,

Can someone point out the steps I take within Goravani software to calculate my chart with Krushna's ayanamsa?

Using Jagannath Hora Lite, it is very easy, but I am struggling with changing the settings in GJ 2.26.

I have noticed the start-dates of Dasas are a few days later in Junior Jyotish and JHL, compared to GJ or Parasara Light.

Many thanks - Sateesh.

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.461 / Virus Database: 260 - Release 10/03/2003

Guest guest

Hi Sateesh,

I have done both GJ and Pl in my program here is the method for GJ.

On the main page "Click on Prefs" at the top of the page (not in the little box).

"Click on Ayanamsha Prefs" at the bottom of the list.

This opens up a page where there are several different Ayanamshas and at the bottom is one called "User Defined" with svereal boxes to fill in.

In the box on the left fill in the start date of this ayanamsa which is 24 Feb 0366 (note I have set my GJ for English style dates you may need a different setting depending on what you have set GJ to use)

Nesxt box on the right of htis is for the annual change which in this case is 50.33 ( Under thisbox it says default - ignore this)Put a tick in the circle which says use list also and then on the large box on the right you enter an fairly recent ddate and ayanamsa which you know is correct. In my case I used my date of birth for which Krushna had given me the ayanamsa. If you wish to use this one you are welcome to it is 23/06/1930 (Ie 23 June) and the Ayanamsa is 21-51-27.

I found that using this setting I was always within a few minutes of the same Lagna and Moon.

Oh there is one other thing to do. On the main screen ther is a group of 9 buttons to click on. So click on the "Prefs" button and a screenshowing various preferences will come up, among them the ayanamsas. Click on the one which says "My Own (User Defined). Thsi will mean that it will use the one for which you have just filled in the details that is Krushna's ayanamsa.

Hope this helps, if you have any problems drop me a line and I will try to help you out.

Peter S

Guest guest

Dear Peter,Many thanks indeed for a very comprehensive explanation - much appreciated.Now that I have used GJ to calculate my chart Krushna's ayanamsa, I see that my Rahu-Sun antra is due to start on 21st March 2003.As I suspected, this is a few days earlier than JHL - which makes it starting at 29th March 2003, using 1*0'55" subtracted from standard Lahiri.My Lagna under GJ with the parameters you have offered becomes 28*56'39" (Lahiri is 24*54'43").Could you do me a favour and calculate my chart using GJ and the Krushna ayanamsa, and just confirm that you too get my Lagna as 28*56'39", and that my Rahu-Sun-Sun-Sun commences 21st March?Thanks again - Sateesh.Sateesh BatasApr 15,1973Time: 7:28PM Zone: 0:00 DST: 1Hounslow, EnglandLongitude: 0W22 Latitude: 51N29========- Peter Friday, March 14, 2003 6:41 AMRe: GJ Software - AyanamsaHi Sateesh,I have done both GJ and Pl in my program here is the method for GJ.On the main page "Click on Prefs" at the top of the page (not in the little box)."Click on Ayanamsha Prefs" at the bottom of the list.This opens up a page where there are several different Ayanamshas and at the bottom is one called "User Defined" with svereal boxes to fill in.In the box on the left fill in the start date of this ayanamsa which is 24 Feb 0366 (note I have set my GJ for English style dates you may need a different setting depending on what you have set GJ to use)Nesxt box on the right of htis is for the annual change which in this case is 50.33 ( Under thisbox it says default - ignore this)Put a tick in the circle which says use list also and then on the large box on the right you enter an fairly recent ddate and ayanamsa which you know is correct. In my case I used my date of birth for which Krushna had given me the ayanamsa. If you wish to use this one you are welcome to it is 23/06/1930 (Ie 23 June) and the Ayanamsa is 21-51-27.I found that using this setting I was always within a few minutes of the same Lagna and Moon.Oh there is one other thing to do. On the main screen ther is a group of 9 buttons to click on. So click on the "Prefs" button and a screenshowing various preferences will come up, among them the ayanamsas. Click on the one which says "My Own (User Defined). Thsi will mean that it will use the one for which you have just filled in the details that is Krushna's ayanamsa.Hope this helps, if you have any problems drop me a line and I will try to help you out.Peter S

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.462 / Virus Database: 261 - Release 13/03/2003

Guest guest

Sorry - (Lahiri is 27*54'43")

========

- Sateesh Batas

Cc: petermay ; Ash - AV

Friday, March 14, 2003 2:23 PM

Re: GJ Software - Ayanamsa

My Lagna under GJ with the parameters you have offered becomes 28*56'39" (Lahiri is 24*54'43").

---Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).Version: 6.0.462 / Virus Database: 261 - Release 13/03/2003

Guest guest

, " Sateesh Batas "

<makara@n...> wrote:

> Now that I have used GJ to calculate my chart Krushna's ayanamsa, I

see that my Rahu-Sun antra is due to start on 21st March 2003.

>

> As I suspected, this is a few days earlier than JHL - which makes

it starting at 29th March 2003, using 1*0'55 " subtracted from

standard Lahiri.

The difference may be beause JHL uses nonlinear (varying) change of

ayanamsha over time, whereas in GJ you have entered nonvarying change

of ayanamsha over time.

Guest guest

Dear Rahas,

Many thanks for the explanation.

Best - Sateesh.

========

- rahasyavadi

Sunday, March 16, 2003 11:30 PM

Re: GJ Software - Ayanamsa

, "Sateesh Batas" <makara@n...> wrote:> Now that I have used GJ to calculate my chart Krushna's ayanamsa, I see that my Rahu-Sun antra is due to start on 21st March 2003.> > As I suspected, this is a few days earlier than JHL - which makes it starting at 29th March 2003, using 1*0'55" subtracted from standard Lahiri.The difference may be beause JHL uses nonlinear (varying) change of ayanamsha over time, whereas in GJ you have entered nonvarying change of ayanamsha over time.

Guest guest

Hi,

Actually the method of using GJ for Krushna's ayanamsa is not linear it is a

regular curve. This is why the extra point is put in so that a curved

ayanamsa can be calculated.

Peter S

Guest guest

Dear Peter,

Ah - many thanks for confirming.

Best - Sateesh.

========

- Peter

Monday, March 17, 2003 6:27 AM

Re: Re: GJ Software - Ayanamsa

Hi,Actually the method of using GJ for Krushna's ayanamsa is not linear it is aregular curve. This is why the extra point is put in so that a curvedayanamsa can be calculated.

Guest guest

OK, that being the case, a similar principle applies anyway: varying

versus nonvarying curve, or arc.

, " Peter "

<petermay@p...> wrote:

> Hi,

> Actually the method of using GJ for Krushna's ayanamsa is not

linear it is a

> regular curve. This is why the extra point is put in so that a

curved

> ayanamsa can be calculated.

>

> Peter S

Guest guest

PS: I see that I picked up the term linear in this context from the

JHL program, wherein it apparently refers to linear as nonvarying arc.

, " rahasyavadi "

<rahasyavadi@h...> wrote:

> OK, that being the case, a similar principle applies anyway:

varying

> versus nonvarying curve, or arc.

>

> , " Peter "

> <petermay@p...> wrote:

> > Hi,

> > Actually the method of using GJ for Krushna's ayanamsa is not

> linear it is a

> > regular curve. This is why the extra point is put in so that a

> curved

> > ayanamsa can be calculated.

> >

> > Peter S

Guest guest

Hi Rahasyvardi,

Actually with GJ you can have a variable curve if you so require. You put in

the base starting point and then you are allowed 3 points to set the curve

at various dates. In my case Ionly used one data point which gave me a

regular curve but this is not essential.

I am not sure if, with the 3 data points, it draws up an irregular curve or

a mean curve. I havenot experimented. The regular curve gave me all I

required so I left it at that.

Peter S