IndiaDivine.org

360 Day Years?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Dharma,

Your mail seems to be a prodigal son came to our address .It is a pleasure for me to share my knowledge. There are FIVE different types of calendar years in vedic astrology: SOWRAM, CHANDRAM, SAVAGANAM, NAKSHTRAM AND BARGASPATHIAM .The time taken by the Sun to traverse the distance between the Lagna point to Lagna point in a natal chart is 365days 15 ghati, this is also called as UDDU DASA period, it is being used for calculating Vimshotri Dasa. However our learned astrological Pandits consider the Gregorian / Julian calendar as more accurate than SAVAGANAM and is being widely used in computerized horoscopes.Vbbsg.deandddd <deandddd wrote:

Krushna Ji,What is your opinion on the length of the year for Vimshottari calculation? 360 days, or 365?Dharma/Dean

Bonjour,

This is my first email on :-) and my English is not that great :-(

The point of the story is as follows:

- authorities like Mantreswara in the "Phaladeepika" for example say clearly that the year in question ist the solar one.

- other authorities, also acknowledged (Batthotpala), mention a year with 360 days. Therefore, when you wrote "our learned astrological Pandits consider"... , what allows this generalization ?

All best

Jean

(France)

-

vbbs g

Cc: vedic astrology

Sunday, January 18, 2004 3:50 AM

Re: 360 Day Years?

Dear Dharma,

Your mail seems to be a prodigal son came to our address .It is a pleasure for me to share my knowledge. There are FIVE different types of calendar years in vedic astrology: SOWRAM, CHANDRAM, SAVAGANAM, NAKSHTRAM AND BARGASPATHIAM .The time taken by the Sun to traverse the distance between the Lagna point to Lagna point in a natal chart is 365days 15 ghati, this is also called as UDDU DASA period, it is being used for calculating Vimshotri Dasa. However our learned astrological Pandits consider the Gregorian / Julian calendar as more accurate than SAVAGANAM and is being widely used in computerized horoscopes.Vbbsg.