IndiaDivine.org

360-365

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear FM,

Thank you for this letter. Yes, most of my letter was taken from Shyamasundara Prabhu's text and I apologize myself if someone elses work appeared like mine. I should give him credit for this info. However, I did not took it from his WEB site and I do not know that exits there. Otherwise, I would mentioned this link.

I accept him as my jyotish helper and teacher, and I thought that his clear words on this subject matter would be much better than my explanation (although I could explain it in my own words, but I did not have time that day). In vedic culture it is not bad to use/repeat words of one's superiors..... and that was my intentions.

However, here it is not matter od two-three sentences, so I should give him credit and just overlooked this. I am sorry. Actually, I thought twice to post this text to this list, since Krushna Jugalkalani is teacher on this list, with his 40-50 years experience on Astakavarga subject metter and it is not cultural to give advises in presence of superiors in jyotish science. Since he rarely comments, I thought it would at least help Manu.

I hope that Shyamasundara Prabhu will not be angry, as he is mercifull and compasionate soul, and see only good in others. And yes, I strongly recomends everyone to see his site.

All the best,

Dadhi

-

Fabius Maximus

Thursday, January 29, 2004 7:40 AM

RE: 360 - 365

Dear Dadhi,

The whole of your letter except the salutation and signature appears to be taken from someone elses copyrighted work, either that or it is a very remarkable coincidence. What is your explanation? The orginal can be found on the last page of this article. I read through the whole thing last week and recognized the part you copied:

http://www.shyamasundaradasa.com/Shyama_site/what_is_jyotish/how_long_year/how_long_year_1.htm

or

http://tinyurl.com/39yg7

This doesn't seem correct. Is it right to make someone elses work appear to be your own original thinking? Where I come from it is called plagerism. Scholars of a subject always give their sources not steal them.

FM

PS that site has some other interesting articles as well.

Thank you for your explanation.

FM

Dadhi [denis]Thursday, January 29, 2004 4:56 AM Subject: 360-365

Dear FM,

Thank you for this letter. Yes, most of my letter was taken from Shyamasundara Prabhu's text and I apologize myself if someone elses work appeared like mine. I should give him credit for this info. However, I did not took it from his WEB site and I do not know that exits there. Otherwise, I would mentioned this link.

I accept him as my jyotish helper and teacher, and I thought that his clear words on this subject matter would be much better than my explanation (although I could explain it in my own words, but I did not have time that day). In vedic culture it is not bad to use/repeat words of one's superiors..... and that was my intentions.

However, here it is not matter od two-three sentences, so I should give him credit and just overlooked this. I am sorry. Actually, I thought twice to post this text to this list, since Krushna Jugalkalani is teacher on this list, with his 40-50 years experience on Astakavarga subject metter and it is not cultural to give advises in presence of superiors in jyotish science. Since he rarely comments, I thought it would at least help Manu.

I hope that Shyamasundara Prabhu will not be angry, as he is mercifull and compasionate soul, and see only good in others. And yes, I strongly recomends everyone to see his site.

All the best,

Dadhi

-

Fabius Maximus

Thursday, January 29, 2004 7:40 AM

RE: 360 - 365

Dear Dadhi,

The whole of your letter except the salutation and signature appears to be taken from someone elses copyrighted work, either that or it is a very remarkable coincidence. What is your explanation? The orginal can be found on the last page of this article. I read through the whole thing last week and recognized the part you copied:

http://www.shyamasundaradasa.com/Shyama_site/what_is_jyotish/how_long_year/how_long_year_1.htm

or

http://tinyurl.com/39yg7

This doesn't seem correct. Is it right to make someone elses work appear to be your own original thinking? Where I come from it is called plagerism. Scholars of a subject always give their sources not steal them.

FM

PS that site has some other interesting articles as well.