IndiaDivine.org

RE: KAS Photo Gallery updates

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Group -

There are new photos in the KAS Photo Gallery as well as updates of old ones. Anup Mehta, has just added his picture to the gallery and Bala Sosale, one of our senior list members has just updated his photo along with his personal data. I've also updated Krushnaji's photo as well and my own.

It would nice to place the name with the face, especially for the members who participate often. So if you're so inclined as to put your photo in the gallery with your personal stats, then send me your picture and information in a personal email.

I would like to especially hear from Mahalakshmi, who spoke so eloquently about her experience at the KASIA workshop. Also Ramesh, who is a constant presence on the list, as well as Raj, who also attended the KASIA Workshop. There were a few others who attended as well that I would love to hear from so I can put their pictures in the gallery. Even for members like Sateesh, who we hear from once in a while, it would be nice to see an updated photo from you. I am just picking names off the top of my head, but no matter who you are or how long you've been on this list, don't be afraid to send in your photo so we can see what you look like.

Thanks -

Donna

Hi Sunil,

Believe me, if I say that, my desire to correct you was genuinely for the reason stated therein. I would hate to see anything wrong being associated with an 'iconic' figure like you.

I totally appreciate it. I make just as many mistakes as the next guy, but with something like this I would've probably continued to do because I was not even aware of it. Actually, I thought that the word "Hindi" was plural for Hindu. There are many words in this language that confuse me and I'm the one the does the editing, so go figure. And as far as being an "iconic" figure, I am the "farthest" thing from that, honestly. With that being said, I still appreciate the compliment in any case.As for the name Sunil, it is a male name indeed, and a very common 'Hindu' name at that.

I see. I was thinking it was female. Goes to show you what I know. . . . So when you use the word "Hindi" it is used only in reference to the language I presume?

I will consider an honour to be invited to the photo gallery but I am afraid, I will have to decline that offer. I am a beginner in KAS and do not belong to that august list of people like Krushnaji, Ash, Manu, Sandy, yourself and others.

It makes no difference whether you're a beginner, or whether you've been there from the start. The purpose of the gallery is not to display just the people who have been active with KAS for a while, but to be able to see what each other looks like for the purposes of conversation. Personally I prefer to match a photo of the person I'm talking to on a list with his/her words, instead of trying to imagine whether or not he/she is a male or a female, much less what that person even looks like. Especially when there's a language barrier involved, there are names such as your own that do not have an equivalent male/female "gender match" in the English language, so half the time, I'm thinking it's a female when it's really a male or vice versa. So please do not feel that your status as a beginner has anything to do with the photo gallery, for it does not. There are people in the gallery that have added their photos and have never been heard from again. I've kept them in there anyway. I would prefer to have members who are at least trying to learn and making attempts, such as yourself, so please, we would consider it an honor to have you in the gallery.

Donna

I would not even think of not acceding to your request for my details, for I will send them to you privately, with an express request not to put them on the photo gallery or any visible place whatsoever. Once again,

with warm regardsSunil K. Sharma