IndiaDivine.org

Time Zone Question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Ash ji and Group,

I am little confused as which timezone to pick in our software. As I know by now

that rectification of a chart is a must before we proceed further, timezone is

equally important as it changes everything.

Say for example a person born in Chicago in 90's, should we use Central Standard

time which will be +6:00 hrs or Central Daylight time which will be +5:00 hrs

and change the Daylight savings time to Yes.

In short when do we use the Daylight Savings Time Yes/No button for a country

like USA where time changes.

Thank you,

-Bella.

Dear Bella ji,

I also do not know the technicalities behind determining the time zones and the DST. But what I normally do is to connect to the www.google.com site and type 'Time zones' on it.

There we get the World clock - Time zones. You may then select the desired place and then proceed to select the year to know if DST was applicable for that place in that particular year and the actual time zone.

For EXAMPLE if you click at New Delhi out of the several places listed at this site, you will get the following information there;

-----------:

UTC/GMT Offset Standard time zone: UTC/GMT +5:30 hours

No daylight saving time in 2009

Daylight

Saving

Time No known DST-adjustments for year 2009

See time zone changes or daylight saving time for other years :

------------------

I hope this information provides you with some practical benefit before other members explain us the method, which I would also like to understand technically.

Thanks for putting up this question Bella ji.

Regards,

Nikhlesh Mathur

Dear Ash ji and Group,

I am little confused as which timezone to pick in our software. As I know by now that rectification of a chart is a must before we proceed further, timezone is equally important as it changes everything.

Say for example a person born in Chicago in 90's, should we use Central Standard time which will be +6:00 hrs or Central Daylight time which will be +5:00 hrs and change the Daylight savings time to Yes.

In short when do we use the Daylight Savings Time Yes/No button for a country like USA where time changes.

Thank you,

-Bella.

Dear Nikhlesh ji,

Thank you very much for the link. That is very good information.

I think it answers our question.

On that website if we click on the last link which says DST in other years (Please see below) gives our answer.

DaylightSavingTimeDST started on Sunday, 8 March 2009, 02:00 local standard timeDST ends on Sunday, 1 November 2009, 02:00 local daylight timeUSA and Canada's Daylight Saving Ends November 1See time changes/daylight saving time in other years

Here is an example:

If a person is born on Feb 15 1981 than it will be DST NO and +5:00 EST. Now if a person is born in Nov of 1981in NY it will be EDT with +4:00 according to KAS software the sign has to be plus instead of minus.

Sunday, 26 April 1981, 01:59:59 No -5 hours EST Sunday, 26 April 1981, 03:00:00 1 hour -4 hours EDT

Here is the detailed info on when it would have started in that year of 1981 and when ended.

New York, New York, United StatesDaylight Saving Time started

When local standard time is about to reachSunday, 26 April 1981, 02:00:00 clocks are turned forward 1 hour toSunday, 26 April 1981, 03:00:00 local daylight time instead

Background info: USA and Canada's Daylight Saving Ends November 1

Seconds before and after the change:

Daylight Saving Time started

Local timeDST?UTC OFF set Zone name Sunday, 26 April 1981, 01:59:57 No -5 hours EST

Daylight Saving Time ended

When local daylight time is about to reachSunday, 25 October 1981, 02:00:00 clocks are turned backward 1 hour toSunday, 25 October 1981, 01:00:00 local standard time instead

Local time

DST?

UTC offset

Zone nam

Local time

DST?

UTC offset

Zone name

Sunday, 25 October 1981, 01:59:57

1 hour

-4 hours

EDT

Thank you again Nikhlesh ji for this link.

So to sum up, I think we have to check what month a person is born in that year. Before April or before October in that particular year.

If anyone has more info please share it with us.

Thank you,

-Bella.

-

nikhlesh mathur

Saturday, October 24, 2009 6:54 AM

Re: Time Zone Question

Dear Bella ji,I also do not know the technicalities behind determining the time zones and the DST. But what I normally do is to connect to the www.google.com site and type 'Time zones' on it.There we get the World clock - Time zones. You may then select the desired place and then proceed to select the year to know if DST was applicable for that place in that particular year and the actual time zone.For EXAMPLE if you click at New Delhi out of the several places listed at this site, you will get the following information there;-----------:UTC/GMT Offset Standard time zone: UTC/GMT +5:30 hours No daylight saving time in 2009 DaylightSavingTime No known DST-adjustments for year 2009See time zone changes or daylight saving time for other years :------------------I hope this information provides you with some practical benefit before other members explain us the method, which I would also like to understand technically.Thanks for putting up this question Bella ji.Regards,Nikhlesh MathurDear Ash ji and Group,I am little confused as which timezone to pick in our software. As I know by now that rectification of a chart is a must before we proceed further, timezone is equally important as it changes everything.Say for example a person born in Chicago in 90's, should we use Central Standard time which will be +6:00 hrs or Central Daylight time which will be +5:00 hrs and change the Daylight savings time to Yes.In short when do we use the Daylight Savings Time Yes/No button for a country like USA where time changes.Thank you,-Bella.

Dear Nikhlesh ji,

Still this answers only partial question. The answer that we got is when to use EST or EDT in reference to NY zone for a particular year.

Now in our software we have both and we can pick one but the question still arises is, should we use the Yes or No button also with selecting the right TimeZone.

-Bella.

-

BPShiv

Saturday, October 24, 2009 10:23 AM

Dear Nikhlesh ji,

Thank you very much for the link. That is very good information.

I think it answers our question.

On that website if we click on the last link which says DST in other years (Please see below) gives our answer.

DaylightSavingTimeDST started on Sunday, 8 March 2009, 02:00 local standard timeDST ends on Sunday, 1 November 2009, 02:00 local daylight timeUSA and Canada's Daylight Saving Ends November 1See time changes/daylight saving time in other years

Here is an example:

If a person is born on Feb 15 1981 than it will be DST NO and +5:00 EST. Now if a person is born in Nov of 1981in NY it will be EDT with +4:00 according to KAS software the sign has to be plus instead of minus.

Sunday, 26 April 1981, 01:59:59 No -5 hours EST Sunday, 26 April 1981, 03:00:00 1 hour -4 hours EDT

Here is the detailed info on when it would have started in that year of 1981 and when ended.

New York, New York, United StatesDaylight Saving Time started When local standard time is about to reachSunday, 26 April 1981, 02:00:00 clocks are turned forward 1 hour toSunday, 26 April 1981, 03:00:00 local daylight time instead

Daylight Saving Time started

Local timeDST?UTC OFF set Zone name Sunday, 26 April 1981, 01:59:57 No -5 hours EST

Daylight Saving Time ended

When local daylight time is about to reachSunday, 25 October 1981, 02:00:00 clocks are turned backward 1 hour toSunday, 25 October 1981, 01:00:00 local standard time instead

Local time

DST?

UTC offset

Zone nam

Local time

DST?

UTC offset

Zone name

Sunday, 25 October 1981, 01:59:57

1 hour

-4 hours

EDT

Thank you again Nikhlesh ji for this link.

So to sum up, I think we have to check what month a person is born in that year. Before April or before October in that particular year.

If anyone has more info please share it with us.

Thank you,

-Bella.

-

nikhlesh mathur

Saturday, October 24, 2009 6:54 AM

Dear Bella ji,I also do not know the technicalities behind determining the time zones and the DST. But what I normally do is to connect to the www.google.com site and type 'Time zones' on it.There we get the World clock - Time zones. You may then select the desired place and then proceed to select the year to know if DST was applicable for that place in that particular year and the actual time zone.For EXAMPLE if you click at New Delhi out of the several places listed at this site, you will get the following information there;-----------:UTC/GMT Offset Standard time zone: UTC/GMT +5:30 hours No daylight saving time in 2009 DaylightSavingTime No known DST-adjustments for year 2009See time zone changes or daylight saving time for other years :------------------I hope this information provides you with some practical benefit before other members explain us the method, which I would also like to understand technically.Thanks for putting up this question Bella ji.Regards,Nikhlesh MathurDear Ash ji and Group,I am little confused as which timezone to pick in our software. As I know by now that rectification of a chart is a must before we proceed further, timezone is equally important as it changes everything.Say for example a person born in Chicago in 90's, should we use Central Standard time which will be +6:00 hrs or Central Daylight time which will be +5:00 hrs and change the Daylight savings time to Yes.In short when do we use the Daylight Savings Time Yes/No button for a country like USA where time changes.Thank you,-Bella.