IndiaDivine.org

The Power of Freedom to Be Who You Are

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I just read something in the eye book I have been reading that I thought was worth sharing:

If you find yourself not honestly able to say, "I love where I am, I love who I'm with, and I love what I'm doing," then something has got to change. You have the power and freedom to make that change.

If it's a situation in which you do not feel happy, you have three choices:

* Change the situation. Re-arrange it.

* Change the way you see the situation.

* Leave the situation. Find another.

For example, if the situation is your job, you can change it so that you're doing something there that's more meaningful for you. Or, you can look at it in another way that feels better for you so that you feel happy in it (but it must be real for you). If you do not do either of these, then perhaps you need to be doing something different, in a different job, so that you can look forward each day to spending time and energy there.

If it's your home, does it feel like home to you? If not, re-arrange it so that it does. Otherwise, choose to see it as really perfect for you right now. Otherwise, move.

If you believe these changes are too vast or radical for you, that you "can't" make them, you have given away your power and freedom. It is not true that you cannot make the changes, but rather that you have chosen not to, for whatever reason you consider valid. You still have the power to create your life the way you would really like it to be and to change what has not been working for you, to change that which has not resulted in your being as happy as you would like to be.

Do you find yourself with people you do not really enjoy being with? If so, you have given away your power to be happy to them. You don't have to do that anymore.

If you have given away your power, you can take it back. It's still yours. Own it.

Martin Brofman

"Improve Your Vision"

Pages 89 - 90