IndiaDivine.org

Getting stuck in an intermediate joyful experience –a parable

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Yesterday I read a beautiful parable which I wud like to share with u all Once upon a time there lived a woodcutter he daily went to forest to collect wood and sell them in market in the evening. By chance one day he met a holy man, the wood cutter prostrated him and offered him respects. The holy man said to him “my good man, go forward” saying so the holy man went

away. On returning home the woodcutter asked himself, “why did the holy man tell me to go forward?” some time passed. One day he remembered the holy man words. He said to himself, “today I shall go deeper in to the forest”. Going deep in to the forest he discovered innumerable sandal wood trees. He was very happy N returned with cartloads of sandalwood. He sold them in the market N became rich. Few days later he remembered the words of holy man to go forward. He went deeper in to the forest N discovered a silver mine near a river. This was even beyond his dreams. He dugout silver frm mine and sold in the market. He got so much money that he didn’t know how much he had. A few more

days passed. One day he thought the holy man didn’t ask me to stop at silver mine, he told me to go forward. This time he went to other side of the river he found a gold mine. Then he exclaimed “ Ah , just see ! this is why he asked me to go forward” Again , a few days afterwards, he went still deeper in to the forest and found heaps of diamonds and other precious stones. He took them and became so rich that he didn’t even know what to do with tht all money! His joy knew no bounds. Similarly, one will get infinite joy when

one experiences god at the end of spiritual journey. One must not stop in the mid way until the goal is reached.

Stay in the know. Pulse on the new .com. Check it out.