IndiaDivine.org

Marxist Assault On Vedic History

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Petition Against US backed Marxist Assault on Vedic History

Dear Vaisnavas,

Romila Thapar is one of the greatest enemies of Vedic historical research. Unfortunately the US library of Congress just appointed her to a very prestigious position which will give her great credibility and funding. She plans to spend the next 10 months, in her new position, to research "The historical consciousness of early India." She has already written much on her view that Ancient India has no historical consciousness.

She claims that all the glorious tales from the Mahabharat, Bhagavatam, Ramayana etc are nothing more than delusional myths invented for mass control of the population.

Now that her and others like Arundhati Roy have lost nearly all credibility in India, they are now being promoted in the rest of the world. I humbly request everyone to sign this petition and let the US Government know that it has no business wasting its resources on discrediting Vedic civilization.

Your servant, Vrin Parker

Please Sign Petition Against US backed Marxist Assault on Vedic History

http://www.petitiononline.com/108india/petition.html

US Library of Congress

It is a great travesty that Romila Thapar has been appointed the first holder of the Kluge Chair in Countries and Cultures of the South at the Library of Congress.

In regards to India, she is an avowed antagonist of India's Hindu civilization. As a well-known Marxist, she represents a completely Euro-centric world view. I fail to see how she can be the correct choice to represent India's ancient history and civilization. She completely disavows that India ever had a history.

Just as the Europeans discredited the American Indian's land claims by ignoring that they represented a unique civilization with a wholesome variety of distinct linguistic and cultural traits, Thapar has long expounded the same ignorant view of India's unique history and civilization.

The ongoing campaign by Romila Thapar and others to discredit Hindu civilization is a war of cultural genocide. By your unfortunate selection of R.Thapar for the Kluge Chair in Countries and Cultures of the South at the Library of Congress, America is now aiding and abbeting this effort.

The result of her "Historical Consciousness in Early India" is already a foregone conclusion. She will of course attempt to show that Early India had no historical consciousness.

Why waste our American resources on a Marxist idealogical assault on Hindu civilization? Hinduism is the world's most ancient, ongoing and largest cultural phenonmenon. Such a long lived civilization surely has alot to teach the world. So why support its denigration? As a Friend of India, I protest this appointment.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

• 11 months later...

Dear Vrin Parker!

Please accept my respectful obeisances!

All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

If You know more about the recent status and works of Romila Thapar it would be really generous of You sending an e-mail to my address.

I have just read the book called 'Cultural Pasts' of Romila Thapar because of a research to my Ph.D dissertation. My topic is 'The Role of the Cultural Heritage in the Independent India'. I work under the control of Radhanatha Prabhu, Director of the Hungarian Vedic College the BHAKTI. The attitude of Romila Thapar is completely marxist but her writings in connection with the Indian history are usable. This is an unfortunate situation because her marxist research is a 'modern', 'enlightened' perspective if I see the view of the Hungarian marxist historians.

Please, let me know the e-mail addresses or books or articles of a true Indian historian. Thank You Very Much.

Your servant, bh.Gergely Gussmann

soberboy@freemail.hu