IndiaDivine.org

Beyond the Masks

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Beyond the Masks

By Kaunteya das

Posted December 1, 2002

I had the fortune to be part of the group that took the course Vaisnava Counseling and Life Skills — Level Two: Self-Transformation, presented for the first time in ISKCON from November 2 though 6, 2002, in Radhadesh, Belgium.

I had already taken the first-level course three times, (I am actually getting trained to present it myself) and I truly appreciate it. The tools for fruitful interaction and personal exploration are extremely valuable and relevant to any progressive human being, what to speak of preaching Vaisnavas. The second-level course had a much deeper impact on me, an impact difficult to fathom or quantify.

The Self-Transformation Course was a whole new ball game. It was mind-blowing. It transported me in realms beyond the cognitive. It allowed me to dig deep inside and to bring a lot of stuff up to the surface. It helped me to remove a lot of blocks and masks I had been carrying around for years (and perhaps lifetimes) that were like anchors weighing me down, like leeches sucking my energy.

I gained the clear insight and conviction that this course could represent a historic turning point in the life of the members of ISKCON and therefore a turning point for the movement as a whole.

I am convinced that every candidate for a responsible role, such as the service of initiating spiritual master, would benefit greatly from this kind of course. I strongly recommend it as a prelude to accepting a responsible position in our society, as it would do a lot for personal balancing and realignment.

I offer my heartfelt thanks and admiration to Dhira Govinda and Malini Prabhus who developed and presented it.

This course can help devotees remove their camouflages, to release their pent-up negative emotions, to improve and deepen relations, to become more focused, centered, and productive, to create a generation of more authentic and transparent servants, and to firmly establish the powerful, loving, friendly spiritual movement that ISKCON is meant to be.

Your servant,

Kaunteya das

For information please contact malini.nrs@pamho.net