IndiaDivine.org

Mathura Meets Vrindavan

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

A New Book Released by Gopaljiu Publications

Gopaljiu Publications is pleased to announce the release of the newest book of Sri Srimad Gour Govinda Swami Maharaja, "Mathura Meets Vrindavan". The ecstatic love for Krishna possessed by the residents of Vrindavan far excels that found in any other place. When Krishna suddenly departed for Mathura He plunged the Vrajabasis into an ocean of sorrow. What was His purpose in leaving? What happened when His messenger Uddhava arrived in Vraja with a message of love? And, most of all, how is it that Krishna never leaves Vrindavan?

Mathura Meets Vrindavan attempts to recreate something of the mood of reading an ancient palm leaf manuscript by illustrating the pages in the traditional Orissan style of art known as pata-citra. Sri Srimad Gour Govinda Swami liked pata-citra art, and as a boy he grew up reading from palm leaf books. To illustrate his lectures included in this volume, the editors have commissioned more than one hundred original pata-citra paintings.

* Hardbound, deluxe printing

* 320 pages 150 in full color

* More than 100 original pata-citra paintings

* Elaborate glossary, verse and subject indexes

Read an excerpt and view some of the paintings here.

COMMENTS ON THE NEW BOOK

A very nice devotee gave me "Mathura meets Vrindavan" as a present, and I must say I'm totally overwhelmed. I read regularly in it and cannot but wonder about this wonderful Vaishnava literature. Of course, the content is extremely ecstatic and very educational, but also the format of the book makes it a real treasure. It's really a spiritual experience to open it, look at the wonderful paintings, which seem to indicate that the form of the Supreme Lord and His associates is different from our conceptions of form - but very beautiful to behold. I want to congratulate you very much for being such a dedicated servant of your exalted spiritual master and following his instructions to present such Vaishnava literature.

-- Sacinandana Swami

It is my good fortune that I have gotten the rare opportunity to relish some of the different nectarean books published by Gopal Jiu Publications. They are making a beautiful endeavor to distribute Krishna-katha. Their literatures are all unique presentations full of appropriate examples and beautiful pictures in traditional style that attract the heart and give relief from the disturbance of the age of Kali or quarrel. This great expedition lead by the parama bhagavata Sri Srimad Gour Govinda Swamipada is bestowing great welfare upon the universe. The more the teachings and ideals of Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu are preached throughout the world the more there will be welfare for all living entities.

Recently I had the good fortune to read Mathura Meets Vrindavan, a wonderful book that is enriched with the traditional pata-citra art of Orissa. The Gaudiya Vaishnava philosophy and the purport of the Bhagavatam presented in this book through pictures are mind boggling. The feelings of love in separation expressed in the book in the topics of bhramara-gita (Radharani's talks to the bumblee) and uddhava-sandesh (Krishna's message of Love to the Brajabasis sent with Uddhava) penetrate to the core of the heart.

I am confident that simply by reading this book any barhirmukha living entity must attain the supreme mercy of Lord Sri Krishna.

-- Gopal Chandra Ghose, Sahitya Ratna, Librarian, Vrindavan Research Institute, Raman Reti, Vrindavan.

We acknowledge with thanks the receipt of your book entitled, "Mathura Meets Vrindavan" edited and published by the director of Gopal Jiu Publications, Bhubaneswar. This is a very scholarly, thought provoking and research oriented book. Visiting research scholars to the Orissa State Museum will be highly benefited by studying your exuberant treatise.

-- Dr. C.B. Patel, Superintendent, Orissa State Museum, Bhubaneswar.

I recently read a copy of "Mathura Meets Vrindavan". I would like to thank you from the core of my heart for this wonderful production of Srila Gour Govinda Maharaja's teachings. I found it quite fitting to see myself in tears upon completing the book. I am not so advanced to have experienced any feelings of separation from Krishna. Nonetheless, when I read the biography of Srila Gaura Govinda Maharaja, which came at the end, I could not restrain myself when I came to his tirobhava lila. I got a glimpse of what it means to feel separation. It is hard to comprehend what those who had so much of his personal association must be feeling. Your work is a fitting example of service in separation. May Lord Krishna bless you in these endeavors.

-- Niranjana Swami

I think that Mathura Meets Vrindavan is a thick'n creamy sweet nectar drink filled with Krishna's pastimes, deep philosophy, and tattva, all wrapped up in an Orissan deity outfit.

-- Goloka Vrindavan Das, London

AVAILABLE FROM

USA: from Krishna Culture

krsnacultr@aol.com

www.krishnaculture.com

Belgium: Bhaktivedanta Library Services

visnu.murti@pamho.net

www.blservices.com

Australia: G. Finlayson

gourgovinda.gopal@pocketmail.com

Australia: Tota Gopinath Das

totagopinath@hotmail.com