IndiaDivine.org

www.padayatraamerica.com

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

June 24 , 2003 (from the diary of a Padayatri)

It was around 60 degrees last night. Today we start our day on Route 522, the sun is strong today.

Who is next? Where? How? The holy name! Krsna Conscious Literature! Prasadam! Darshan! Donation! Laxmi! Hearing!! Ki Jaya.

We stop mid-day at a boat sales store and many people came to ask what we were doing. Some took prasadam, books and gave donation. Someone came to buy the Peacock feather fan of Their Lordships, Sorry we can't sell that! He gave a donation anyways. Someone else donated oats for the horses, carrots, a lady came and brought cold drinking water for the devotees and deities.

It's 4:30 pm and I am seeing Govardhan limp a little bit, Hare Krsna Hare Krsna......slowly we move on. As it gets dark we stop in an open field in the side of a cemetery. At 9:00 pm a policeman came asking; if we had permission.....well, just see what we are doing and we can't move on. At that moment the owner came in an angry mood. Immediately the police said, "hey they are doing missionary work" so he cooled down and let us stay for the night - but we would have to leave ASAP in the morning. Govardhan is liming even more now, I doubt that he will be able to move on tomorrow; anyway I am tired let's go to sleep and see what happens tomorrow. Hare Krsna.

• 11 months later...
Guest guest

Dear Prabhus, Please accept my humble obeisances! All gloris to Srila Prahbupad and Srila Gurudeva! Where are you now? I met you in New Ramana Reti, Alachua, FLorida. I cooked one time for padayatra and gave a small donation. I am considering meeting you somewhere on your journey to particpate in your program. Do you have some itinerary or schedule? When you get a chance, please contact me. Thanks so much. All glories to your service. Your servant, Hladini Sakti dd. I can be reached at attylhsherman@aol.com