IndiaDivine.org

The Absolute Truth

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

My name is David. I only just started studying about Krishna conciousness only a week or so ago. This body is only 16 years old, but I have gone through many emotional stages to now come to this stage of life. I was born and raised into a very strict religion, Pentecost. But, as I grew older, I questioned "Why would any one want to leave this religion if it was not the right knowledge of the Supreme Lord?" And thus, I wavered in the convictions of the Church. They preached a message of "Don't sin", but we all sinned. And we all would return to church the next time and repent, and sin again. But they taught that we would all perish in everlasting burning fire for eternity if we sinned and died unforgiven. At first, I accepted this philosophy, but later on, I asked "Why would they teach us that God loves us if he will send us to an eternity of hellfire if we slip up?" I withdrew from Pentecost at around the time this body was 14. From 14 to 15, I had deep psycological peace that I would not be condemned to eternal death since I did not follow that religion. I was thinking Atheistic thoughts then. But, how could we be here without a God?

I had heard of Hare Krishna at about 14, when my Father stopped by a house down the street from him that houses many devotees. I just knew the name, and I had no clue what kind of things these people did.

I lived in the midwest for most of my life, and my father is divorced from my mother. I finally had a chance to move out here, to New Jersey, at about the time of my grandmother's death. I had felt no remorse with her passing, just thoughtfulness.

I moved here about a month and a half ago, and I am trying to get along in this life. I got a job, and then asked my father about these Hare Krishna's he had heard from. He let me see a book they had given to him called Search for Liberation. I read it quickly, and absorbed every part of it. The conciousness movement made complete rational sense to me, and I felt as if I should inquire about such a wonderful following. One day, when a Fed Ex man dropped off a package for my Grandmother, I saw a man. He was no ordinary man. He was dressed in robes, sandals and he had two bags strung across his chest. He was too far up the street for me to catch up with him, so I let him go. Later on, I rode my bike down the street towards a near elementary school. I was passing a massive house when I saw him again. I jammed my brakes and asked him. His name was Bhurijan, and he was extremely helpful. He taught me some things in our 45 minute talk, and I wanted to know how I could learn more about the conciousness movement. He concluded and said he would not be there long, that he was traveling to India. I thanked him and went home.

My grandmother and grandfather also live in the house, and my grandmother is a very controlling person. She calls herself a Russian Orthadox and she tries to convert me. But she had seen me talking to Bhurijan, and did not like it whatsoever. I got a ritualistic shake down, and was told that I shouldn't believe 'nonsense,' and that Hare Krishna was 'a cult of suicidal people.'

Generally, since she overstates almost every opinion, I decided to not believe her. Later, I walked to the house and talked with a devotee from Kyrgistan. He was also helpful, and I learned even more. He told me to come back, since I was already chanting the mahamantra, and he would give me some japa beads. I came back the next day, but he was already gone. I knocked on the door of the tremendous house that they use, and was greeted by a Doctor and his wife who graciously invited me in and gave me food and drink. I learned even more, and was given five books to read since I had already read the Bhagavad-Gita As It Is. To my pleasure, I was asked to attend a temple service, and I had hopes that I could. I spoke with my father, and he immediately rejected it. He put his cigarette out and informed me that it was not a good religion in simple terms. He said that I could not go to the temple. Later, I went and informed the Doctor and his wife, and they said that that was ok. They said I was welcome anytime. Later that night, my father told me I could not go to their house and speak with them again. I agreed, but I searched the internet, and found many good sites where I have gained even more knowledge. I won't go against his will because he thinks he knows best.

I love the conciousness movement, and plan upon becoming a devotee at a temple once I graduate college. Thank you to all of you devotees and Blessed Gurus and Supreme Lord Krishna for your awesome insight into the art of loving God.

• 3 months later...

Dear David,

Hare Krsna !! It was a great pleasure reading your mail (I stumbled upon it by chance). You are indeed greatly blessed at this young age. I must say you are already in good books of Krsna. He loves you much more than you know. I greatly appreciate your listening to your father (It pleases Krsna very much). It always pays !! Those you listen to their parents, they never lose the grace of Krsna.

May God keep showering his choicest blessings upon you all the time. Keep LOVE FOR ALL in your HEART....it's the place where Krsna resides...watching you all the time....your partner through and through!!

Wishing you all the best in life