IndiaDivine.org

Please explain about Nayanmaargal

Rate this topic

Guest guest

HareKrishna!

All glories to Srila Prabhupada!I offer my respectful obeisances unto him!

I have a question. I was born a Shaivite and my family is also strict in that. However, I came into Krishna Con by the mercy of Srila Prabhupada.

I have read in Prabhupada Lilamrta that Srila Prabhupada answers to a Shivaite that it is not possible to demonstrate bhakti(pure love) towards Shiva and only devotees of Lord Krishna can exhibit pure love(bhakti).

But, what about the 63 Nayanmaargal from Tamilnadu? I dont know much about them.But I do know that they were severe Shiva followers who renounced all material possessions for Shiva. Also they walked to different places as mendiacnts and gloried Lord Shiva by singing beautiful poems on Him. There was one Kannapa Nayanar who went to gouge his eye out for he assumed that he could not satisfy Lord Shiva. But the point is the Nayanmars were devotees of Lord Shiva without any personal gain. Also were lady devotees like Avaiyar and Karaikal Ammaiyar. Did not these people show pure love to Shiva?If so what is the difference between them and Krishna devotees?

Someone please explain?

HareKrishna!

Anand