IndiaDivine.org

Can someone please describe God as a person...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

http://www.krsnabook.com/contents/

Posted Image

Excerpt: "In these Western countries, when someone sees the cover of a book like Krsna, he immediately asks, "Who is Krsna? Who is the girl with Krsna?" etc.

The immediate answer is that Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead. How is that? Because He conforms in exact detail to descriptions of the Supreme Being, the Godhead. In other words, Krsna is the Godhead because He is all-attractive. Outside the principle of all-attraction, there is no meaning to the word Godhead. How is it one can be all-attractive? First of all, if one is very wealthy, if he has great riches, he becomes attractive to the people in general. Similarly, if someone is very powerful, he also becomes attractive, and if someone is very famous, he also becomes attractive, and if someone is very beautiful or wise or unattached to all kinds of possessions, he also becomes attractive. So from practical experience we can observe that one is attractive due to 1) wealth, 2) power, 3) fame, 4) beauty, 5) wisdom, and 6) renunciation. One who is in possession of all six of these opulences at the same time, who possesses them to an unlimited degree, is understood to be the Supreme Personality of Godhead. These opulences of the Godhead are delineated by Parasara Muni, a great Vedic authority."

I've just started reading the book you mentioned...I'm on the 3rd chapter.

Slowly I'm beginning to understand that it's beyond what we can understand from our material viewpoint.

Thanks again for the book suggestion!