IndiaDivine.org

Heaven

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

In the Vedas, Indra is the chief god of the Heavenly Planets. If heaven is still part of the material world, does that mean its inhabitants die? So, what I mean to say is that in Mahabharata a lot of the ancestors e.g. Pandu go up to heaven - but are they in a different body - and when they die, where does their soul go?

Interesting, that the Vedas recognise Islam and Christianity as legitimate spiritual advancement. So does that mean that Muslims who think 'they will go to heaven and enjoy lots of virgins' will actally go to Indraloka?

Thanks in advance for your answers

Haribol

Guest guest

In the Vedas, Indra is the chief god of the Heavenly Planets. If heaven is still part of the material world, does that mean its inhabitants die?

••yes

So, what I mean to say is that in Mahabharata a lot of the ancestors e.g. Pandu go up to heaven - but are they in a different body - and when they die, where does their soul go?

••in the new body... but remember that these are lilas, all these devotees are eternally liberated persons showing some activities for our benefit.. not that they are affected by human sufferings and mistakes

Interesting, that the Vedas recognise Islam and Christianity as legitimate spiritual advancement.

••bhagavad gita teachs the way to recognise saints, demons, gurus, bogus, god and fakes... all over the world

So does that mean that Muslims who think 'they will go to heaven and enjoy lots of virgins' will actally go to Indraloka?

••With little speculation but yes... or in other planet superior to the earth in sense enjoyement

Thanks in advance for your answers

••do you agree?

hare krishna

Guest guest

I agree with most of your answers, apart from the following: are you saying all the characters of Mahabharata, even Pandu, are lilas?

I know thw Pandavas are lila cos they were sons of Gods (e.g. Indra, Vayu, Ashvini Twins) - but as far as I know Pandu was just a pious human - he went to Indra's abode - but did his body change? I guess my real question is do the ancestors who go to Indraloka remember their past life on earth? Or do they forget their former life like most humans...

Guest guest

not that they are lilas, they are pure devotees acting in lilas

I guess my real question is do the ancestors who go to Indraloka remember their past life on earth?

--i do not know exactly, but material world is the world of forgetfulness