IndiaDivine.org

surrender to Krishna and leaving ego

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

How do I surender to Krishna and get over my own ego? I cannot serve God and serve myself at the same time. To surrender to Krishna means, at the same time, to let go of my ego. Besides reading Bhagavad-Gita and chanting, how is this accomplished> I want to let go of ego and life for God, yet I feel as though I am holding back. What can I do to help further myself along?

Guest guest

We all have ego - it is part of material condition...

Only when FULLY REALISED do we rid ourselves of Ego...

The best thing to do is if you have ego, direct it in service to Lord. For example, if you enjoy the feeling of Pride, direct it to sevice for Krishna...you may feel pride in doing that service...As long as you remember deep down that KRISHNA IS DOING IT - you are just an instrument, eventually you will lose your ego...

The fact that u are concerned and trying to lose your ego, shows that you are actually not egoistic as most people - so just keep trying to remember who owns the things you eat, the clothes you wear, even the body you have - KRISHNA is proprietor of all those things - any success you have is because of him. Because we are under material illusion, we still forget that from time to time, and we think 'Oh I just did well in that exam - I've worked so hard etc' Actually, Krishna made you pass that exam - you were just an instrument - so even if you do take joy from success, make sure that success is service to Krishna.

See at the moment, I am writing this stuff as if I am an expert - but I have ego - but I do know that Krishna is the will behind everything that happens - I just forget from time to time...The more devotional service I do though, the more I realise how Krishna is organising everything...

Other things that help is keeping to four regulative principles cos they help you avoid getting overexcited when you have success, and stop you from getting destroyed when hard times come along...

HAribol

Guest guest

How do I surender to Krishna and get over my own ego?

--as arjuna does in the gita, there's not to abandone ego, we have simply to offer our ego to krishna. We must chant harekrishna mantra who is the medicine for all pains, we have to surrender to a spiritual master, we have to do our life naturally... gradually our karma will turn in yoga and our false ego will turn in real ego as pure servants of sri krsna bhagavan

To surrender to Krishna means, at the same time, to let go of my ego

-no.. you have to take care only to surrender, you cannot control anything of yourself, only god can do it.. so chant hare krishna, harinama will do everything

Besides reading Bhagavad-Gita and chanting, how is this accomplished> I want to let go of ego and life for God

--the other essential thing is that we have to surrender to a spiritual master. He is the manifestation in this world of Sri Paramatma, so if we surrender to him, we surrender to krsna. Without spiritual master there's no hope to go back to godhead, to lose our false ego and to come back in our real ego of servants of krsna bhagavan

no separate efforts are to be done, only krsna through the spiritual master can change our mind from conditioned to purified