IndiaDivine.org

Information

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi!

I'm not a member of your religion, but I want to find out more about it for a project that I'm doing. so far it's been very interesting, but I can't really seem to find out anything about what life is, that is normal everyday life, for someone belonging to your religion or society.

Can someone please help me with that? Show me some good internet pages? or simply give me some information about it?

Norwegian girl

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

Very nice to hear someone interested in this SCIENCE.

1) Krishna Consciousness is not a religion, it is science, you have a theory (there is God, he is Krishna) you have experiment (chant for at least 10 days), and you have result (so far my life has been full of happiness since taking to KC)...

2) Everyday life is varied for all different people trying to devote life to Krishna...there are different roles:

a) brahmacari - a student, spends every day learning about Vedic scriptures, preaches, does service to Krishna, vow of celibacy...

b) grihastha - householder, works in everyday life, but whatever he earns he contributes in service to Krishna

c) vanaprastha - retired, learns more about scripture, performs austerity etc

d) sannyasi - controls the senses, renounced

I am a student, but not a brahmacari. Everyday life is going to uni, studying, but also organising KC society meetings, posters, once a week do food for life (homeless food distribution), go to nights of philosophy, discussion, music, dance all in the name of Krsna...that's life...