IndiaDivine.org

Reincarnation as a tree?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

HARE KRISHNA

I have read in several instances where people being reincarneted as a tree....i was wondering wat i guess feeling does a tree have?!...and therefore are u actually killing a soul when u cut down a tree?

Guest guest

i was wondering wat i guess feeling does a tree have?!.

••very little.. much less than someon on coma

and therefore are u actually killing a soul when u cut down a tree?

••no soul killing, but killing. When you can see the difference between alive and dead, there's a body with a soul inside

Guest guest

Hare Krishna. All glories to Srila Prabhupada! PAMHO.

A tree is a species in the darkest mode of ignorance. Therefore, it has no feelings. Also, you can look at the life of a tree as a great austerity--that is, a tree suffers so much wind, rain, snow, etc. and still it gives men shade and fruit to eat.

The difference between body and soul:

Body: material, born at a certain time, destined to die at a certain time; you can also look at a human body or such as simply a bag of bones, muscles, blood, mucus, vomit, stool, organs, etc. You can also look at the body as a means for the soul to attain spiritual perfection, and to rise to the stage of Krishna Consciousness.

Soul: spiritual; part and parcel of Lord Krishna; dimensions are: 1 ten-thousandth part of the tip of a piece of hair; eternal; never born, never will die; the true self--yes, it is YOU, and you are NOT the body; it is the marginal energy of Lord Krishna--that is, it can rise to the spiritual platform, or fall to the material platform; its true nature is Krishna Consciousness.

you probably know all this, and that was just a few thought-less wording of yours, like i do all the time.

thank you,

your servant

KrishnaBhakta-Dasa

Guest guest

A tree is a species in the darkest mode of ignorance. Therefore, it has no feelings......

&

a tree suffers so much wind, rain, snow, etc.......

(a contraddiction? how can a tree suffer if he has no feelings?)