IndiaDivine.org

Harinama Initiation

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

First time I had a fortune to meet devotees was about 20 years ago, since then I’ve been reading Bhagavad Gita and other books of our Guardians (Srila Prabhupada and Srila Sridhar Maharaja), became vegetarian, try to follow 10 regulative principals, chanting, but never was living in ashram or was going to temple on regular basis. I always felt as a part of the Brahma Madhava Gaudiya Sampradaya of Vaishnavism. Now I’m living live of a house holder, have a wife a two kids. Lately I have a strong feeling that I must receive a harinama initiation. What should I do to receive it? Please let me know.

Guest guest

I would suggest you find someone who truly inspires you and surrender there. My gurudeva suggests something that would be good I think for you. He says wherever you see the combined influence of Srila Prabhupada and Srila Sridhara Maharaja, you have found a good combination. You yourself have this combined influence I see from your post. For this combination of diksa and siksa there are many potential gurus. A few prominent gurus are Nrsingha Maharaja (India), Paramadvaita Maharaja (S. America) and Tripurari Maharaja (N. America). I can tell you that my guru is Swami Tripurari and his writings and books are available on www.swami.org if you are interested.

Guest guest

I've listened to all lectures of Swami B. G. Narasingha I've found on his web site and was immensely impressed with his spirit and strengths, I would surrender to him in a heartbeat but he is so far away! How can I receive an initiation from him if I'm in California and he is in India? Swami Tripurari Maharaja is closer but I didn't hear any of his lectures. Do you have any available?

Guest guest

very few younger devotees have heard him speak.... but his talks will melt your heart. Many of his godbrothers know the power of his speech. I am part of his community here North of San Francisco in a town called Santa Rosa. He lives in California in the Redwood forest north of me. I have hundreds of his talks. You can order them at www.swami.org Order the one called "Be Like Water" of the Contemporary preaching series. Your heart will melt. Anyone can email me about him at my private email: bhaktaboy@ Where in California are you? You should come visit.

Guest guest

Just placed an order for some CDs. Can't wait to get them! I've sent you email as well -- let's talk more. Sri Sri Guru and Gauranga Ki Jaya!