IndiaDivine.org

Are these food ingredients good for Krishna?

Rate this topic

BruzWayne

--Oats. It´s a cereal but can you offer oats to Krishna?

--Soybean. It's vegetarian food that can replace the meat. Is it OK for Krishna?

--Soybean Lecithin. I've seen this ingredient in the healthy food stores mixed with grains that you can add to fruit. Is it OK for Krishna? And are these grains OK, like almonds, nuts, peanuts and so on?

--Honey. Someone said that honey shouldn't be offered.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge about the right ingredients for prashadam.

I already know that onion and mushrooms are not allowed even though they are vegetarian food, nor chocolate. So now I wonder what about oats and soybean lecithin.

Hare Krishna.

Guest guest

Hmm I don't know if it is acceptable to offer honey to Lord Krishna or not. But I have heard a lot of times vegans not only not drinking milk but also not eating honey, because it is the by-product of a bee.

Guest guest

Again, I have no authority, but the Vedic definition of meat is flesh...egg is flesh...milk is not...

the question is, is honey the flesh of a bee? My gut instinct is to say that it isn't...

can someone with authority clear up?!?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Regarding honey,maybe during the harvesting of honey,the larvaes aare killed,making honey mixed with violence.Otherwise all iskcon temples use honey,aminly for Lord Balaram's appearance day.