IndiaDivine.org

divorce

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hari Bol, I am wondering what various devotees think I should do regarding my marriage. I was married for a couple of years to a very wonderful devotee wife who did a lot for me.

We both wanted to have a great marriage but we didn't always have a good time together. A lot of the problem was the timing: I was still in school and was preoccupied, therefor less attentive, and was always focussing on the future plans rather than enjoying the moment.

Anyway, no excuses, I wish I had been a better husband so that she would have stayed with me but she left me and returned to her home country almost a year ago.

I still care for her a lot and I want to restore our marriage but she seems to have made up her mind to end things and start fresh.

I have just finished school and have very little money but I want to go to her home country to try and persuade her to reconsider.

Am I wrong in wanting to persue her? Any advice is welcome.

Hare Krishna.

To me it seems like you should be able to aswer this question yourself.

A person who don't know you can't aswer this for you. But you really have to think about you and your relationship. Maybe you can fix this, maybe not.

You were in university, correct? Trying to make a good life for both of you?

If she couldn't have the foresight to see that you were trying your best, unlike the majority of young devotees who just get married with absolutely no material plan, then she did you the best favor by excusing herself out of your life.

If you persue her, and she comes back somehow, she will only run away again the next time you have to devote time to your duties as a husband. Sorry to hear what happened, hope you find better when you are ready.

If some anonymous person on the internet is asking for marital advice after writing a paragraph worth of information, they want to hear only two things:

1) She was wrong, you were right. Go find another wife!

2) She was wrong, you were right. Go and chase her, she will come running back.

He came here asking for summary judgment, and he sure got it.