IndiaDivine.org

Chanting while offending

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Due to my past misdeeds, I am constantly committing offenses towards Lord Krsna even though I sing, not 16 rounds but just one. I feel sometimes so hypocritic that I stop chanting because I don't want to think that chanting and offending is alright. Although I wish it were like giving up offending and chanting. But this giving up is not so easy, especially when I have to be conscious of not thinking lustfully, then ending up thinking lustfully. What can I do in such situation?

Thank you

this is the greatest trick of mayadevi... she's saying to you to stop chanting to avoid offences

you have to continue, you have to chant more

chanting will purify you from offences, if you stop nothing will save you from their reactions

chant and be happy..

yes by all means go on chanting. nevermind the offenses we all are inattentive while chanting in the beginning but we must try to minimise our offenses. I am the most offensive but still I cannot live without chanting, I have developed a taste most days. But when I am severely sick I also have my problems. CHANT CHANT CHANT!!!

Kanistha adhikari is a phrase describing beginning devotees, those who have just awakened from a deep sleep of forgetfulness of swaryup, ones constitutional position as servant of the Supreme Person This stage of DEVOTION is also called the offensive stage. (Note: I emphasized the word devotion, because some deride the kanistha adhikari as something horrid, when, in fact, a kanistha adhikari is a very rare individual in this world where most do not care to be aroused from their materialistic way of life).

Kanistha adhikaris are instuucted to go to the temples and worship the deity, and by all means, engage in the nine processes of devotional service, especially hearing and chanting the names of the lord.

We offend, this is our nature. Patients in the waiting room at a hospital are sick, but they are there, waiting to see the doctor, and much better off that those who are sick, and not interested in a cure whatsoever.

The goal of a kanistha is to rise to a stage of clearing, Madhyama adhikari, where the offenses are gone due to spontaneous attraction to Krsna, where there is still freedom to choose between good and evil, but the choice is always krsna due to improvement in ones relationship with the supreme lord. We should never imagine that we are on a second platform, but be content in where we are at, knowing the medicine (sadhana bhakti) will work, if we follow the prescription of the good doctor (Sri Gurudeva).

So, try yo minimize offenses (Srila AC Bhaktivedanta Swami always says this is a gradual process, meaning a lifes project), but never be discouraged by human frailty enough to abandon the process. There is no hope if you leave the waiting room of the kanistha adhikari stage. Hare Krsna, hope this helps, ys in cooperation, mahaksadasa