IndiaDivine.org

Where can i find jesus in the vedic texts?

Rate this topic

vishnu

Hare Krishna and dandavat pranam

It may be difficult to find a complete online version of Bhavishya puraana, so i am posting some relevant portions.

Ruling over the Aryans was a king called Salivahana, the grandson of Vikramaditya, who occupied the throne of his father. He defeated the Sakas who were very difficult to subdue, the Cinas, the people from Tittiri and Bahikaus who could assume any form at will. He also defeated the people from Rome and the descendants of Khuru, who were deceitful and wicked. He punished them severely and took their wealth. Salivahana thus established the boundaries dividing the separate countries of the Mlecchas and the Aryans. In this way Sindusthan came to to be known as the greatest country. That personality appointed the abode of the Mlecchas beyond the Sindhu river and to the west.

ekadaa tu shakadhisho

himatungari samaayayau

hunadeshasya madhye vai

giristhan purusam shubhano

dadarsha balaram raajaa

Once upon a time the subduer of the Sakas went towards Himatunga and in the middle of the Huna country (Hunadesh - the area near Manasa Sarovara or Kailash mountain in Western Tibet), the powerful king saw an auspicious man who was living on a mountain. The man's complexion was golden and his clothes were white. (Bhavishya Purana 19:22.)

ko bharam iti tam praaha

su hovacha mudanvitah

iishaa purtagm maam viddhi

kumaarigarbha sambhavam

"The king asked, 'Who are you sir?' 'You should know that I am Isha Putra, the Son of God'. he replied blissfully, and 'am born of a virgin.' "(Bhavishya Purana 19:23.)

mleccha dharmasya vaktaram

satyavata paraayanam

iti srutva nrpa praaha

dharmah ko bhavato matah

" 'I am the expounder of the religion of the Mlecchas and I strictly adhere to the Absolute Truth.' Hearing this the king enquired, 'What are religious principles according to you opinion?' "(Bhavishya Purana 19:24.)

shruto vaaca maharaja

prapte satyasya amkshaye

nirmaaryaade mlechadesh

mahiso 'ham samaagatah

"Hearing this questions of Salivahara, Isha putra said, 'O king, when the destruction of the truth occurred, I, Masiha the prophet, came to this country of degraded people where there are no rules and regulations. Finding that fearful irreligious condition of the barbarians spreading from Mleccha-Desha, I have taken to prophethood'." (Bhavishya Purana 19:25-26.)

mlecchasa sthaapito dharmo

mayaa tacchrnu bhuupate

maanasam nirmalam krtva

malam dehe subhaasbham

naiganam apamasthaya

japeta nirmalam param

nyayena satyavacasaa

manasyai kena manavah

dhyayena pujayedisham

suurya-mandala-samsthitam

acaloyam prabhuh sakshat-

athaa suuryacalah sada

"Please hear Oh king which religious principles I have established among the mlecchas. The living entity is subject to good and bad contaminations. The mind should be purified by taking recourse of proper conduct and performance of japa. By chanting the holy names one attains the highest purity. Just as the immovable sun attracts, from all directions, the elements of all living beings, the Lord of the solar region, who is fixed and all-attractive, attracts the hearts of all living creatures. Thus by following rules, speaking truthful words, by mental harmony and by meditation, Oh descendant of Manu, one should worship that immovable Lord'." (Bhavishya Purana 19:27-30.)

isha muurtirt-dradi praptaa

nityashuddha sivamkari

ishamasihah iti ca

mama nama pratishthitam

"Having placed the eternally pure and auspicious form of the Supreme Lord in my heart, O protector of the earth planet, I preached these principles through the Mlecchas' own faith and thus my name became 'isha-masiha' (Jesus the Messiah)." (Bhavishya Purana 19:31.)

iti shrutra sa bhuupale

natraa tam mlecchapujaam

sthaapayaamaasa tam tutra

mlecchasthaane hi daarune

"After hearing these words and paying obeisances to that person who is worshipped by the wicked, the king humbly requested him to stay there in the dreadful land of Mlecchas." (Bhavishya Purana 19:32.)

they is a theory only and can not be proven to be true its all mental speculation.

i bet if i wanted to read into it i could find ronald reagan, adolph hitler and a host of other perosnalitys from history in scriptures too. the isha-putra is not the mythological fable of jesus. some people think adolph hitler was a messager from god send to punish the evil doers; but it does not make it so because a few fools belive it. some hindus thought hitler was a great guy when they read his mein kamph, when hitler was around most european people liked him and many still do. some people do not believe every thing the masses chose to believe in. some people do not belive in the holocaust, many people in my family dont belive it happend, i personally was not there so i will not say it happened just like i was not there to see jesus eather. so i say it's common belief or faith issue. i chose not to believe that the germans murdered the jews i think the russians did all that stuff. so am i a bad person if i dont chose to belive in the holocaust story or in the jesus story?

• 8 months later...

There is a saying: Bhakti and Belief is in Faith and not in arguments.You will never be able to feel IT,if you doubt too much.But you are right one cannot blindly follwo everything.But If you really want to find the answer to this,then you need the urge to know it.I will ask you the question:Why don't you believe in these "Stories".Why don't you look into the matter in the pther way.Can you prove that these stories are false?

You don't see fish,if just stand by the shore.You will have to dive or catch it believe it.So,You cannot stand out of the spiritual life and see/feel/touch God.You will have to dive in,to do so.

I wrote this not because I am preaching you or proving you wrong.I felt like writing and so did I.

"Wasp comes automatically If Flower blooms"

Hare Krishna!

I accept Arnie's post about the fish analogy to spiritual life.

Also, it is good to be cautious in dealing with scriptures and we should be objective in our analysis which means we should not support or deny it before analysing it ourselves.

So, go ahead, read the scriptures very critically taking into consideration the time, place, the author, the actual text, the reproduction of the text and the subject matter.

It is important we study different scriptures like the Gita, Puranas, Upanishads and so forth and then determine the level of validity. It is a long and ardous process and while we do this we should be objective, open minded, humble in inquisitiveness and fully surrendered. This way the Paramatma inside us will reveal the truth to your understanding and ability and level of surrender.

Haribol!

anand