IndiaDivine.org

surya siddhanta

Rate this topic

Guest guest

i understood that the vedic cosmology is explined in detailed in Surya-siddhanta(a mistical text revealed by a demigod from the sun almost two million years ago).

does anyone know anything about this?

i am looking for an english translation of this text

hari bol,

bh.C.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think you'll find it on-line, but you can purchase it at:

Kaushitaki Brahmana

Surya Siddhanta

Vedic Book of Astrology, Cosmology and Astronmey

Order Form for 19th Century Transalation::

www.birthtime.info/books-plain/0766107124.html

Otherwise contact Christian Pillon [christian.pillon@sympatico.ca].

He is a Vedic astrologer who'd be glad to help you if he can. Tell him John sent you.

Take care,

John

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

I have Chapter I of the Surya Siddhanta, possible one of India's oldest astronomical texts, posted at:

http://www.thearchimedeandual.com/platonic/Eastern/surya_siddanta_commentary/surya_siddhanta.htm

Source material for the yugas, illustrated, thought you'd be interested.

My web site is new and I'm looking for link exchanges to help get started.

Thank you, Mark, webmaster@thearchimedeandual.com

• 2 years later...
Guest guest

Surya Siddhanta is a mystical work taught only to those initiated brahmanas who keep away from all worldly desires. All ancient or modern commentaries and translations are totally in the wrong. For instance, no wordly wise person can tell you how to compute the position of any planet on the basis of Surya Siddhantic formulas. Exact formulae of Surya Siddhanta are the basis of perfect astrological predictions, and are therefore never published. Surya Siddhantic planets have nothing in common with material planets of the phenomenal world manifest to the senses, excepting names. Surya Siddhanta is the mathematics of the Next Higher World, where deities reside, and the planets of Surya Siddhanta can be seen only with the third eye (sixth sense, or the enlightened mind in which no part remains unconscious.).

If you want to learn Surya Siddhanta, forget everything about modern astronomy, because any comparison with materialistic astronomy will induce you to think that Surya Siddhanta is a wrong and outdated treatise, and will induce you to distort its real meanings in order to fit them into the conceptual frames of modern man who has lost the sixth sense almost entirely. All fundamental constants of modern astronomy can be deduced from Surya Siddhanta,which I published in Hindi last year. Since most of the reviewers are so prejudiced against ancients, thay are not paying serious attention to what I write. Some reviewers side with me, not because of their comprehension of my work, but due to their obscurantism, which is more repulsive than the scepticism of modernists.Therefore, I resolved not to publish my remaining works. But I may change my mind if I find even a handful of serious readers.

Astrologers making money out of astrology can never learn Surya Siddhanta. Manu,the Hindu law-giver had strictly prohibited such misuse of astrology.

Surya Siddhanta was the basis of all major astronomical and calendar systems of almost the whole of Old World,including Greece,Rome and Babylon, but prejudiced researchers do not pay attention to facts.

Surya Siddhantic mathematics is the most exciting and rewarding field of enquiry, but much care and effort is needed for a realistic comprehension of this mysterious text which unfolds the mechanism of making absolutely perfect predictions about individuals, countries, weather, etc. Persons not worthy of learning it called it sour ( outdated ). E. Burgess (1860) is the most celebrated commentator of Surya Siddhanta in the West, who did not know a single important formula of the text he feigned to give a masterly elucidation of. Other commentators, Indian or Western alike, did the same. None of them acknowledged their own inability to understand these ancient formulae, and skipped this issue. No teacher of Surya Siddhanta knows any of its formulae, although it is a compulsory textbook at post-graduate level in all sanskrit universities where ancient Indian astrology is taught.

I do not wish to personally meet any worldly person, but I may answer via email. - vinayjhaa@gmail.com