IndiaDivine.org

Is Caitanya God?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Haribol,

I'm reading Teachings of Lord Caitanya, and I would like to know whether Caitanya Mahaprabhu is really God? From what I understand, he always said he was not God. Is there any instance when Caitanya actually said he was Krishna?

Thank you,

Your Servant.

Hare Krishna!

All glories to Srila Prabhupada! I offer my humble obeisances unto him!

I have read the "Teachings of Lord Chaitanya" but that was way back and i dont remember anything from it. However, i do remember a picture in the book where Lord Chaitanya reveals Himself as Radha and Krishna comibined together to Ramananda Raya. This is a clear representation or proof that Lord Chaitanya is actually Krishna and Radha combined and came down to deleiver fallen souls. Remember, you might not explicitly see Lord Chaitanya claiming Himself as GOD Himself like He did in the GITA. This is because, Krishna came down as Lord Chaitanya to show man how to follow Krishna as a "DEVOTEE". So His whole purpose is the mood of a DEVOTEE. If the Lord Chaitanya claims Himself as God, then His whole purpose on the planet is defeated.

So, probably you wont find a direct quote like the GITA claiming HIS supremecy.However, instances like the Ramanandaya Ray's proves that Lord Chaitanya is Krishna Himself. Hope this helps!

Haribol!

anand