IndiaDivine.org

arjuna's loyalty

Rate this topic

Guest guest

hi,

i know this must be a question that is always asked but i dont know the answer.

why did krishna commission arjuna to kill on the battlefield?

why was it acceptable for arjuna to murder?

thanks

being him completely surrendered to Sri Krsna Bhagavan every his action was on the transcendental plane, so he was not murdering, he was serving krsna in the way that krsna had assigned to him making him take birth as a ksatrya

if he had attempted to serve krsna as a pacifist (brahmana) it was a complete failure, because he was'nt a brahmana

krsna did not instruct me to cook, you to worship and arjuna to kill.... (for example).. krsna instructs everyone to surrender to the pure uttama adhikari spiritual master (who is krsna like in the gita, or more often a pure devotee of krsna) and to serve surrendering gradually

Haribol,

1) the soldiers on the battlefield were due to die already, it was arjuna's duty to finish them all off.

2) according to vedic injunction, if somebody plunders your wealth, sets fire to your house or dishonours your wife then they are to be killed. Duryodhana plundered the kingdom that was meant to go to the Pandavas, he plotted for the Pandavas house to set on fire, and he dishonoured Drapaudi. Therefore Pandavas kindly requested a small plot of land to make up for all those injustices. When Duryodhana would not even give up a small plot of land, it was time to fight - no other alternative, especially when Krishna orders.

3) Arjuna was helping all those he killed to progress spiritually. All who died either went to the heavenly planets e.g. karna, acheived impersonal liberation or went to Krishna himself (e.g. Bhishma).

Hope that answers the questions.

Hare Krishna,

Your Servant.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

Friend, its like this..... why did the soldiers kill (Murder) the enemies in Kargil ? They got rewarded for their bravery because they obeyed the orders of the authorities incharge of bringing peace.

But if that same soldier goes back to his village and kills (Murders) his enemy - he will get life imprisonment or hanged - why because he does it for HIMSELF - his selfish motive.... I hope this is clear.

Hari bol.