IndiaDivine.org

why krishana has created this material world

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

hare krishna prabhu,

why we have came to this material world? why we are not in krishnas kingdom? what the mistake we have made so we are here and causing to suffer. And how to get out of this material wold and it should be ensured that we wont come back again. And the main thing is how to get the divya knowledge.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna.

We were all living very nicely in Vaikuntha with no disease, no old age, no marital problems, no anxiety, no financial problems, and no death. Then some decided to become heros and thought of them selves as smart. They asked to know how it would be like to be free and not serve Krishna but becomes God ourselves. Those fools are us (you and me), and all living beings in the material world.

To go back to Vaikuntha, we have to surrender onto Krishna and accept him as God and follow his instructions as in the Bhagavad-Gita.

Start by listening/reading and studying the Bhagavad-gita as it is. Listen now at gitamrta.org.

Hare Krishna and dandavats

The reason is our desire to be independent. Srila Bhaktivinode Thakur explains in Jaiva-Dharma:

There are also innumerable, atomic, conscious jivas who emanate as rays in Karanodakasayi Maha-Visnu's glance upon His mayasakti. Since these jivas are situated next to maya, they perceive her wonderful workings. Although they have all the qualities of the jivas that I have already described, because of their minute and marginal nature, they sometimes look to the spiritual world, and sometimes to the material world. In this marginal condition, the jiva is very weak because at that time he has not attained spiritual strength from the mercy of the object of his worship (seva-vastu). Among these unlimited jivas, those who want to enjoy maya become engrossed in mundane sense gratification and enter the state of nitya-baddha. On the other hand, the jivas who perform cidanusilanam of Bhagavan receive spiritual sakti (cid-bala) by His mercy, and enter the spiritual world. Baba! It is our great misfortune that we have forgotten our service to Sri Krsna, and have become bound in the shackles of maya. Only because we have forgotten our constitutional position, are we in this deplorable condition.

The question would be why some jivas choose to enter the material worlds instead of the spiritual world. This is explained as follows:

Vrajanatha: Prabhu, I understand that this marginal position is situated in tatastha-svabhava, or junction, of the spiritual and material worlds. Why is it that some jivas go from there to the material world, while others go to the spiritual world?

Babaji: Krsna's qualities are also present in the jivas, but only in a minute quantity. Krsna is supremely independent, so the desire to be independent is eternally present in the jivas as well. When the jiva uses his independence correctly, he remains disposed towards Krsna, but when he misuses it, he becomes vimukha (indifferent) to Him. It is just this indifference that gives rise to the desire in the jiva's heart to enjoy maya. Because of the desire to enjoy maya, he develops the false ego that he can enjoy material sense gratification, and then the five types of ignorance tamas (not knowing anything about the spirit soul), moha (the illusion of the bodily concept of life), maha-moha (madness for material enjoyment), tamisra (forgetfulness of one's constitutional position due to anger or envy) and andha-tamisra (considering death to be the ultimate end) cover his pure, atomic nature. Our liberation or subjugation simply depends on whether we use our minute independence properly, or misuse it.

Finally Srila BhaktiVinode also answers the question of why should there be independence if it leads to suffering.

Vrajanatha: What harm would there have been if the jiva had not been given independent desire? Krsna is omniscient, and He gave this independence to the jivas, even though He knew that they would suffer on account of it, so isn't He responsible for the jiva's suffering?

Babaji: Independence is a precious jewel, in the absence of which inert objects are insignificant and worthless. If the jiva had not received independence, he would also have become as insignificant and worthless as the material objects. The jiva is an atomic, spiritual entity, so he must certainly have all the qualities of spiritual objects. The only difference is that Bhagavan, who is the complete spiritual object, possesses all these qualities in full, whereas the jiva only has them to a very minute degree. Independence is a distinctive quality of the spiritual object, and an object's inherent quality cannot be separated from the object itself. Consequently, the jiva also has this quality of independence, but only to a very minute degree, because he is atomic. It is only because of this independence that the jiva is the supreme object in the material world, and the lord of creation. The independent jiva is a beloved servant of Krsna, and thus Krsna is kind and compassionate towards him. Seeing the misfortune of the jiva, as he misuses his independence and becomes attached to maya, He chases after him, weeping and weeping, and appears in the material world to deliver him. Sri Krsna, the ocean of compassion, His heart melting with mercy for the jivas, manifests His acintya-lila in the material world, thinking that His appearance will enable the jiva to see His nectarean pastimes. However, the jiva does not understand the truth about Krsna's pastimes, even after being showered by so much mercy, so Krsna then descends in Sri Navadvipa in the form of guru. He personally describes the supreme process of chanting His name, form, qualities and pastimes, and personally instructs and inspires the jivas to take to this path by practicing it Himself. Baba, how can you accuse Krsna of being at fault in any way when He is so merciful? His mercy is unlimited, but our misfortune is lamentable.

So actually the conditioned souls are infinitesemal expansions of Maha-vishnu and come from the tatastha region (not from vaikuntha) i.e. juncture of material and spiritual worlds, and are exposed to both simultaneously. When the soul chooses material world where it considers it will be able to become "independent" it enters here, otherwise enters the spiritual world.

And how to get out of this material wold and it should be ensured that we wont come back again.

Sharanagati, full surrender to Krishna. As recommended by kamleshji please read Bhagavad-Gita as it is, small booklets like Sri-Ishopanishad etc, then Srimad-Bhagavatam, then Teachings of Lord Chaitanya, Chaitanya Charitamrta, Sri Brahma-Samhita etc. in that order (all these also available in books section of this site).

Hare Krishna and dandavat pranam

This is such a nice question that Srila Bhaktivinode Thakur says this in Jaiva-Dharma:

When arati was over, Vrajanatha and the elderly Babaji began to walk southwards together in the direction of Godruma. Raghunatha dasa Babaji saw an incessant stream of tears flowing from Vrajanatha's eyes and, feeling very affectionate towards him, asked lovingly, "Baba, why are you weeping?" Vrajanatha said, "Prabhu, when I remember your sweet instructions, my heart becomes restless and the entire world seems to be devoid of all substance. My heart is becoming eager to take shelter at Sri Gaurangadeva's lotus feet. Please be merciful to me and tell me who I really am according to tattva, and why I have come to this world."

Babaji: My dear son, you have blessed me by asking such a question. The day that the jiva first asks this question is the auspicious day on which his good fortune arises. If you will kindly hear the fifth sloka of Dasa-mula, all your doubts will be dispelled.