IndiaDivine.org

kc

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

i have been reading the messages posted here since morning.Can anyone tell me what is this KC and what are those four regulative principles that u people are following?I would like to pratice this too..kindly someone reply

Guest guest

KC is Krishna Consciousness, this means god consciousness because Krishna is the proven and seen God.

The Regulative Principles For Human Beings

It’s not easy to give up a materialist and lusty life style, which most people are engaged in. Controlling the senses is like controlling the wind, which is very difficult. But when you realize that if you waste this rare human birth then you will have to go through the evolutionary process of transmigrating from the body to the next for millions of births before you get another chance of human birth, then it becomes a little easy.

Here are some basic starting points to end a demonic life style.

1. Stop being a serial killer, become a vegetarian.

2. Stop behaving like the dogs on the street. No sex before marriage or outside marriage.

3. Stop losing your consciousness, no intoxications (no drugs, no alcohol etc..).

4. Don’t speculate on your wealth, stop gambling.

All humans dream of going to the kingdom of God (the spiritual universe).

The non-Vedic religions say it’s ok to kill animals (eat meat). But in the kingdom of God there is no killing. So why don’t you start this practice now?

In the kingdom of God there is no sex, so why don’t you moderate your sex life now?

In the kingdom of God there are no intoxications, then why don’t you stop it now?

In the kingdom of God there is absolutely no speculation, so why don’t you stop speculating now?

Start by listening to the Bhagavad-gita and read the articles based on the teachings of the Bhagavad-gita at Gitamrta.org

Guest guest

i have been following all the four principles without my knowledge.I am a brahim by caste..i dont eat nonveg and i am a pure vegtarian.

I cant even think of having sex before marriage..it is out of question.and never had alcohol in my life..no plans of having it in future also...and i am still a student...i dont like gambling also.

Can u suggest me some mantra to start off my meditation?

Can u also kindly tell me how many ties i should chant that mantra and also the procedure?

Guest guest

You should chant the maha mantra-

Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna

Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare

Hare Rama, Hare Rama

Rama Rama, Hare Hare

We strive for at least 16 rounds a day at 108 mantras a round. It is best to start out with only a few a day and work up to 16. You should never say I am going to do 16 and then the next day only do 4 rounds. Better to say I am going to do 4 and then do 16 instead! Always move forward, not backwards in your chanting.

You should also start to read books by HDG Srila Prabhupada.

You can find many of them online at different sites and download them to read or buy them at different websites like Krishna.com or Krishnaculture.com .

It is very nice that you already follow the regulative principles in todays world. It is not easy for some people to do.

If you do anything after today, just chant Hare Krishna and the rest will come naturally!

Dear devotee

Hare Krishna and dandavat pranam

Please allow me to answer this in some detail. The scriptures say that chanting the Holy Name of Lord Hari is the only way of deliverance in this age.

Brhad Naradiya Purana

harer nama harer nama

harer namaiva kevalam

kalau nasty eva nasty eva

nasty eva gatir anyatha

"In this age of quarrel and hypocrisy the only means of deliverance is chanting of the holy name of the Lord. There is no other way. There is no other way. There is no other way."

The emphasis on "no other way" is especially important which apart from the stress on this, points that the methods recommended for the other three ages cannot be used in this age.

Srimad Bhagavatam 12.3.51-2

kaler dosa-nidhe rajann

asti hy eko mahan gunah

kirtanad eva krsnasya

mukta-sangah param vrajet

krte yad dhyayato visnum

tretayam yajato makhaih

dvapare paricaryayam

kalau tad dhari-kirtanat

"The most important factor in this Age of Kali, which is an ocean of faults, is that one can be free from all contamination and become eligible to enter the kingdom of God simply by chanting the holy names. The self-realization that was achieved in the Satya millennium by meditation, in the Treta millennium by the performance of different sacrifices, and in the Dvapara millennium by worship of Lord Krsna can be achieved in the Age of Kali simply by chanting the holy names."

Padma-Purana

satyam kaliyuga vipra

sri harer nama mangalam

param svastyayanam nrnam

nasty-eva gatir anyatha

"Oh brahmana, chanting of the holy name is the auspicious process in Kali Yuga. It is the highest auspiciousness for mankind. There is no other way."

In particular the Hare-Krishna Mahamantra is recommended specifically for the age of Kali.

Kali-Santarana Upanishad

hare krsna hare krsna

krsna krsna hare hare

hare rama hare rama

rama rama hare hare

iti sodasakam namnam

kali-kalmasa-nasanam

natah parataropayah

sarva-vedesu drsyate

"After searching through all the Vedic literature one cannot find a method of religion more sublime for this age than the chanting of Hare Krsna."

"A superior sadhana does not appear in the entire Vedas. The maha-mantra is covered by sixteen qualities, which means that it can destroy the five gross elements (panca bhuta ) and the eleven senses which cover the jiva. Parabrahma then manifests before the jiva, just as the sun's rays shine brightly after a covering of cloud is removed."

Regarding the rules for chanting it:

Kali-Santarana Upanishad

Naradaji then asked, "Oh Lord, what are the rules and regulations for chanting this mahä-mantra?"

Brahmaji said, "There are no rules and regulations for chanting this maha-mantra. One can chant in a pure or an impure state. Moreover, by clearly pronouncing this maha-mantra, one can attain brahma (salokya, samipya, sarupya and sayujya). Not only that, one can attain krsna-prema, the fifth goal of human life (panca purusartha)."

(in some editions the mantra appears as Hare Rama...Hare Krishna, but the earlier editions show the mantra clearly in this order, plus other sastras mention the mantra in this order and this mantra is coming in the Brahma-Madhva-Gaudiya sampradaya so they know better)

The mahamantra "Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare//Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare" is also mentioned in Brahmanda Purana, Ananta Samhita, Brahma-yamala, Padma Purana, Sanat-Kumara Samhita etc.

Ananta Samhita

Satya-yuga:

narayana para vedah narayana para ksarah

narayana para muktih narayana para gatih

Treta-yuga:

rama narayana-ananta mukunda madhusudana

krsna kesava kamsare hare vaikuntha vamana

Dvapara-yuga:

hare murare madhu-kaitabare

gopala govinda mukunda saure

yajnesa narayana krsna visno

nirasrayam mam jagadisa raksa

Kali-yuga:

hare krsna hare krsna krsna krsna hare hare

hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare

soda-saitani namani dvvtrinsad varna kani hi

kalau yuge maha-mantrah sammato jiva tarane

"Hare krsna hare krsna krsna krsna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare. This hari-nama maha-mantra consists of sixteen names and thirty-two syllables. In Kali-yuga this mantra can deliver all jivas."

This maha-mantra is especially recommended by Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. Regarding the svarupa of the mantra it is said that the Name of Bhagavan is directly the form (svarupa) of Bhagavan. The Name is non-different from the Lord but still the mercy of Nama Prabhu, in certain considerations, exceeds that of Sri Krsna. By His causeless mercy Svayam Bhagavan Sri Krsna appears in the form of Nama to deliver the conditioned souls. The most important instructions are given by Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu in Sri Sikshastaka:

Glory to the Sri Krsna sankirtana, which cleanses the heart of all the dust accumulated for years and extinguishes the fire of conditional life, of repeated birth and death. This sankirtana movement is the prime benediction for humanity at large because it spreads the rays of the benediction moon. It is the life of all transcendental knowledge. It increases the ocean of transcendental bliss, and it enables us to fully taste the nectar for which we are always anxious.

O my Lord, Your holy name alone can render all benediction to living beings, and thus You have hundreds and millions of names like Krsna and Govinda. In these transcendental names You have invested all Your transcendental energies. There are not even hard and fast rules for chanting these names. O my Lord, out of kindness You enable us to easily approach You by Your holy names, but I am so unfortunate that I have no attraction for them.

One should chant the holy name of the Lord in a humble state of mind, thinking oneself lower than the straw in the street; one should be more tolerant than a tree, devoid of all sense of false prestige and should be ready to offer all respect to others. In such a state of mind one can chant the holy name of the Lord constantly.

O almighty Lord, I have no desire to accumulate wealth, nor do I desire beautiful women, nor do I want any number of followers. I only want Your causeless devotional service birth after birth.

O son of Maharaja Nanda [Krsna], I am Your eternal servitor, yet somehow or other I have fallen into the ocean of birth and death. Please pick me up from this ocean of death and place me as one of the atoms at Your lotus feet.

O my Lord, when will my eyes be decorated with tears of love flowing constantly when I chant Your holy name? When will my voice choke up, and when will the hairs of my body stand on end at the recitation of Your name?

O Govinda! Feeling Your separation, I am considering a moment to be like twelve years or more. Tears are flowing from my eyes like torrents of rain, and I am feeling all vacant in the world in Your absence.

I know no one but Krsna as my Lord, and He shall remain so even if He handles me roughly by His embrace or makes me brokenhearted by not being present before me. He is completely free to do anything and everything, for He is always my worshipful Lord unconditionally.

Srila Prabhupada has recommended 16 rounds, but it may be difficult to start from this so we must start from say 2 or 4 rounds. Regarding japa, it is done on tulasi beads. Please see more details here: http://www.iskcon.com/basics/japa.html

Other than that on beads we can chant whenever we find the time; there is no consideration of time and circumstance. This is illustrated by Sri Gauranga in this beautiful story:

Sri Gopala Guru Gosvami was also known as Makaradhvaja Pandita, although Mahaprabhu was in the habit of addressing him as Gopala. Among the five chief disciples of Sri Vakresvara Pandita, Gopala Guru was the special object of Mahaprabhu’s mercy. From an early age, Gopala Guru was in the care of his guru.

One day Caitanya Mahaprabhu went outside the village to tend to his bodily needs. Gopala was standing some distance away with a waterpot in his hand ready to serve the Lord. He noticed that the Holy Name, which always blissfully danced on His tongue, was not to be heard. Wondering how this could be, he then saw that the Lord was holding his tongue with his hand. After a short while, Gopala, being full of curiosity, inquired from the Lord, “Prabhu! Why are you holding your tongue like that?” Mahaprabhu answered, “The words Krishna Krishna always dance on my tongue, and even when I’m unclean they don’t stop. One is forbidden to chant the Krishna-nama maha-mantra when he is unclean. Transgressing that injunction is an offense. For this reason, I hold my tongue to keep it still.”

Gopala replied, “Prabhu! Elegant words don’t adorn my little mouth, but still, in order to understand, I am asking. Your beautiful body doesn’t have a trace of uncleanliness. It is sac-cid-ananda-maya and always pure. Your ‘going to the bathroom’ is an illusion. That’s just your pretending to be human. You are independent, but if an ordinary jiva should die while evacuating, without chanting the Holy Name, how will he attain the transcendental state?”

Hearing these profound words from the boy, the Lord replied, “Gopala, you have spoken correctly. In chanting the Sri Krishna-nama there is no consideration of cleanliness or uncleanliness. Chanting is always auspicious for the jiva. You have caused me to remember the highest injunction. From today, you shall bear the title guru.” Mahaprabhu told the devotees this story, and the news quickly spread everywhere. Soon all the Vaisnavas began to call Gopala “Sri Gopala Guru.”

If one is serious about this human life then in addition to these it is recommended to read Bhagavad-Gita as it is, Sri Ishopanishad and other small booklets, Teachings of Lord Chaitanya, Srimad-Bhagavatam, Chaitanya-Charitamrta, Sri Brahma-Samhita etc.(in that order) all of whom are available in the books section of this site (or on www.gitamrta.org, www.vedabase.net or krishna.com)

is it compulsary that we have to count the japas while chanting them with the japamala?

The japamala itself has 108 beads, so one round will mean 108 japas i.e. japamala is the "counter". We perform japa of a minimum fixed number of rounds (gradually going upto 16 rounds), so the only counting will be of the number of rounds of japamala.

Guest guest

is it compulsary that we have to count the japas while chanting them with the japamala?

no.. but we make the promise to the spiritual master to chant at least a fixed number of mantras everyday.. so the mala is used for this purpose