IndiaDivine.org

Chalking out the path...

Rate this topic

Premanjana

Hare Krsna. I am not very intelligent. I often become bewildered while try to understand the essence of the principles. I have a partial and theoretical understanding that our happiness only resides in being conscious of Krsna and seeing everything in relations to him. I struggle with the concept of following in the footsteps though. To what degree do we follow the rigidity of the rules and regulations? I see others in the movement not follow rigidly but are specializing in different aspects and are bringing new people to the movement. These devotees are advanced by possessing different qualities and are alot more conscious of what the are doing(In the moment). In the sense of being "balanced" they have girlfriends, play sports, listen to Karmi music, and are focused on learning thier careers. Most of which can be dovetailed. As for someone who just wants to increase his faith in "krsna is the source of our happiness" and not deviate, how does one properly understand whether to remain struggling with following bhakti yoga or to become "balanced"?

-Prem-