IndiaDivine.org

where to start?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

All glories to SRI SRI RADHAGOVINDA!

HARE KRSNA!

I grew up in a hindu home.praying to the devis and devatas (ganesh, shiva, etc)...i met SRI SRI RADHA GOVINDA of NYC Brooklyn ISKCON for the first time 2 years ago...all i think of each day is becoming an ISKCON devotee.ever since....i feel so drawn to them (the lord)....the problem is that my family doesn't understand..i live with meat eaters.In our country hindus eat meat and still serve the lord they have pray rooms in their houses...its very offensive to the deities i know.i really want to know how can i help myself become a devotee....i follow all 4 reg., go temple..i haven't started chanting ..i feel there is so much more i need to know before i start....i want to serve the lord with all my heart.so that he is pleased....please tell me where i can go to learn more or what can i do?

hari bol !

Hare Krishna. You should read Prabhupada's books and above all, associate with devotees. Whenever an advanced devotee comes through NY, try to hear his class and get inspired. Don't hassle your family. Just try to be humble and gradually they will notice that you are following something good. ys, jpd

• 4 months later...

Dear Sobha mataji,

Hare Krishna,

Its nice to read that you have developed some interest in Krishna. The next natural step is to become Krishna conscious. Just bring Krishna into your life and see how things take shape.

You say that you have not yet started chanting. You have to do that sooner than later. Just start with one round - taste it, digest it and then gradually increase. No rush, no artificial attempts to impress someone.

In the beginning the mind will play many tricks but slowly and surely the taste will develop.

As someone said try to associate with nice devotees - use discrimination - dont simply believe everyone. The moment you see some deviation from devotion abandon that soul. There are many nice devotees around and there are many pretenders too.

You are much better off and its a good start. When I came into touch with devotees some 20 years back I was a rascal and so called rationlist. Its Prabhupada's books and classes of some sincere devotees which changed my heart and I got attracted to Krishna.

Once you get some taste protect your Krishna consciousness. Download some lectures from the web or listen to utahkrishnas.com radio or lalive.org or chantandbehappy.com. I generally put them on when I am working on my computer. They work as background music and the you suddenly come across a wonderful lecture.

Now that you have turned to Krishna He will guide you as Chaitya Guru.

Let me know if I could be of some help. I preach in Chicago area and conduct Bhakti Vriksha programs. Want to know more about these programs? They have hnaged lives of thousands.

Hari bol and May Lord Krishna engage you in some service.

Your servant,

Subuddhi Krishna das