IndiaDivine.org

Akshar

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Akshar is an important word in some sects of hinduism. i myself know what it means but i would like to know the thoughts on what other hindu's belive it means. i am not sure which scripture which it has menitoned it in either the bhagvat gita or Srimad bhagvat. but i know of its existence in some other scriptures which are studied in high detail.

Guest guest

I mean, shure you may find it within much slokas, the things is may it be profitable being Krsna Conciouss in any dham or scripture it may have much more significates.

I have just read it in some thing about AKSHAR-DHAM. if u are fully absorved in Krsna conciouss it may be profit too.

Have fun.

Guest guest

ok that didnt resally answer my question on what others know about Akshar, it is found in shloks and my question is that do u or any other hindu's know what it means and what it is. again i know what it is through reading certain scriptures but do most other ppl of ISKON know what it is?

Guest guest

Hari bolo guest123

I do not know what Akshar means apart from the last post? Since you know maybe you would kindly share with us so we can too hear your thoughts. So far my understanding is that it means letters as in alphabet.

thanks and jaya bhagavan!

ys madfawimen /images/graemlins/smile.gif

• 4 months later...

Brahman or Aksharbrahman or Akshardham is transcendent to Jiva, Ishwar and Maya, but subservient to Parabrahman. He is effulgent, all-pervading and divine. He serves the supreme Lord in a two-fold manner, in his personal aspect, he serves the Lord both in His abode and wherever He incarnates Himself. Aksharbrahman is the ideal devotee and the most appropriate mediator for the aspirant striving to reach the supreme Lord. On the other hand, in his impersonal aspect, he serves the Lord by being His divine abode which is effulgent, infinite and all-pervading and in which innumerable redeemed souls serve the Lord. He is also the foundation of all that is subservient to him.