IndiaDivine.org

Lust

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

if lust is put under illicit sex then why do we have a book called the karma sutra??? are we supposed to use it? are we allowed to carry out such positions with our married partners?

Guest guest

I think the reason for the karma sutra is so that if you are lusty. Using the positions the book outlines. You won't have to look outside marriage to get satisfied.

It's better to satisy lust within the marriage then outside the marriage. Even though both are bad. But the karma sutra way (within marriage) is lesser of the evil.

Guest guest

it's a common misconception that the kama sutra is a book about sex - actually it has a lot to say on marriage and how to make it succesful and other such matters.

But all that aside, nothing is known about it's author apart from than his name and the text -just as today there are many books on sex and marriage counselling, kama sutra was not just a guide but was an essay about customs of regions in it's time.

My personal opion is shared with that posted above- that it's better to be lusty inside marriage than out- but by chanting our rounds everyday eventually this ludt desire will settle down.

In regards to the postions mentioned in the kama sutra - of course such acts as those involing 3 or more people are not proper, I personally don't see any reason why a couple would have to stick to one ol position.

Begetting Krsna concious children is suppose to be a joyous thing - so why should the act of conception be done solemnly?

Also it is well documented that certain positions are much more effective for helping a mans sperm to reach the woman's egg, certainly any couple who are wishing to produce children would do well to study up on these - it worked for me I concieved first try.

Guest guest

ok both your answers are a bunch of rubbish if someone is married it would still be under illicit sex to discuss what position they will do at night, it is purly 'kam' orientated and you ppl have no clue, except to make your own ideas up. one person mentions in other post messages to have lust is bad and it falls under illicit sex now you are saying it is good within marriage i think you people need to get your stories straight. and stop with the guessing and ask one of ur goswamis

Guest guest

I am first responder and I said:

"It's better to satisy lust within the marriage then outside the marriage. Even though both are bad. But the karma sutra way (within marriage) is lesser of the evil."

I am saying that lust is illicit sex and bad but if one cannot give up lust then use the karma sutra to satisfy the lust with your own marriage. Without the karma sutra, a lusty person will look outside marriage to satisfy the lust thus enage in more sin then otherwise.

Guest guest

Why such hositility and name calling.. You asked the people gave their opinion. Why don't you go and ask a goswami instead of sending someone else to do the work? Please try to calm yourself before posting, and do not insult anyone.