IndiaDivine.org

Great Confusion About Vishnu

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I just don't understand this. According to the Hindu scripture itself, due to destroying "Patibartha dharama" (must be wife's duty to husband), a women, Brinda, cursed Vishnu and due to which he was forced to be four things:"Shaligram" (stone), "kush" (grass), tulasi plant and "Pipal"(populus) tree, which are still worshipped by Hindus daily.

So how we are supposed to trust Vishnu, the most highest God according to Hinduism, who was also subject to curse and thus imperfect, for permanent salvation of mankind?

(By permanent salvation, I am not talking about heaven and salvation for thousands of years or more, which is described in the Hindu Books but beyond it.)

Guest guest

Brinda cursed Vishnu shri, In her self. i think, BEcause Vishnu is Allways upon limitless. but is seatted within everyone. Me could course the cuality like of Vishnu within my self, but Vishnu Him self is far beyond that. So the curse is made upon any-one. If one follows regulative principles knowing along the contitutional position of the living entity as in any-case, everything - comes to ashes, and by the mercy of the Lord, the souls being coursed so many ways now could come to mukhti there following the path and principles.

If one does not cheat ´pon VIshnu cualities within, i think could be saved for ever.

The thing is, as far as concerns am not read at the passtime.

Hope this clear something. Om shanti.

Guest guest

Vishnu rather takes curses by choice. For sport. Vishnu upset Narad in such a way that Narad cursed him to be separated from his wife and be among monkeys. Vishnu accepted the curse and thus Ram avatar. Why did he play with Narad like that and be cursed? Who can understand the ways of the Lord?

And Krishna accepted the curse from Gandhari I believe it was to have his Yadu clan destroyed.

So the Lord is not subject to curses, rather accepts them in order to fulfill some purpose.

Guest guest

I just don't understand this. According to the Hindu scripture itself, due to destroying "Patibartha dharama" (must be wife's duty to husband), a women, Brinda, cursed Vishnu and due to which he was forced to be four things:"Shaligram" (stone), "kush" (grass), tulasi plant and "Pipal"(populus) tree, which are still worshipped by Hindus daily......

Similar incidents are explained in Mahabaratha about Lord Krishna as though Gandhari curses Lord Krishna and the entire Yadhu race. Krishna simply smiles at Gandhari and tells her that it was HIS WILL that the entire Yadhu race is to be destroyed. Since there were no one having the capacity to destroy the strong Yadus, it was HIS plan that they destroy each other.

Nothing happens without HIS will. Curses, apparent death, apparent birth, showing blood etc. are to deceive Asuras, and hide HIS TRUE NATURE.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!

All glories to Srila Prabhupada! I offer my humble obesiances unto him!

Adding to the previous posts, i would like to add another analogy where Krishna as a child accepted to be bound by His mother Yasoda by ropes to a pillar. Obviously no one can bind the Lord but He accepts this to satisfy Hos devotee.

Also, another example where Sage Bringu kicks Lord Narayana on His chest and the Lord accepts the kick by not getting angry but apologizing the sage for hurting the sage's foot. This again shows the mercy of the Lord.

These acticities(lila) show the mercy of Lord Krishna on His devotees. Similarly, the Lord satisfies His/Her devotees by doing what they want showing how merciful He is.

All glories to the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

Haribol!

anand