IndiaDivine.org

Evening meal on Ekadasi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Haribol prabhus,

I've read all about Ekadasi, all the glories, what to eat and what not to eat, but I can't seem to find any clear information on what time one is allowed to consume prasadam.

By that I mean a full meal according to Ekadasi standards. Any help to clear this up would be appreciated.

Hare Krishna,

an aspirant

I am not Ekadasi a vishnava, sometimes i do it as, or i remember devotee pals doin´ so, by the day that is time of ekadasi and that this is well done if by the next day is broken the jagña and with some prasadam meals etc. Yes I have heard that by the way this tapas kind of jagña in that has acording to date the acording time of brokin it. In the calendar, vaishnava calendar the hours and days are unique in respect of, u know, the day the month etc, as you hardly will find a repeated day in the same place as the year before that.

i think some web pages may have calendars publications.

I have not really heard about the hole passtime-jagña, i regard something basic, but not going to speculate - if i remember this ekadasi is been taking place because some kind of incarnation (avatara) bewhildering the mis-liding humanity??..

I have heard many many Ekadasis.. can anyone throw somelight on this special and simple matter? it will be apreciated as well.

thanx.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!

All glories to Srila Prabhupada! I offer my humble obeisance unto him!

Ekadasi fast is broken on the next day morning wherever you live. There is a specific time between which you are supposed to break the fast. The time is dependent on where you live and you can find the time in a Vaishnava Calender.

The link below provides you with calenders from different places on the world.

http://www.krishna.com/main.php?id=225

Haribol!

anand

Guest guest

Haribol!

I know breaking fast occurs the next morning at a specific time prabhu. Are you saying any regular Ekadasi is actually observed like say, Krishna Janmastami, or 24 hours without food or water?

To be honest I have trouble with that for one or two days a year, let alone twice a month! Let me know okay?

Thanks,

an aspirant

Hare Krishna

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!

All glories to Srila Prabhupada! I offer my humble obeisance unto him!

"I know breaking fast occurs the next morning at a specific time prabhu. Are you saying any regular Ekadasi is actually observed like say, Krishna Janmastami, or 24 hours without food or water?To be honest I have trouble with that for one or two days a year, let alone twice a month! Let me know okay?"

I dont understand your question properly. I will answer based on my understanding.

1. Fasting is done for 24hours on Ekadasi and other auspicious days like Janmashtami.

2. Fasting is to fast from grains and pulses. So, in other words, we can consume non-grain items like fruits, water, vegetables on Ekadasi and Janmashtami. However, some devotees are strict and do not eat anything.

So, yes to answer your question (if i understood it correctly), on Ekadasi, we are not supposed to eat anything made of grains and pulses.

If you have further doubts, please visit the link below. Iam sure the page will dispel your doubt.

http://www.iskcon.com/basics/ekadasi.html

Haribol!

anand