IndiaDivine.org

Where did the Maha mantra come from???

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I understand that the mahamantra is Krishna himself, but i was curious as to when people actually began to chant it. Did Caitanya Mahaprabhu first give us this mantra, or was it chanted before He came ?

Hare Krishna

thanks

Guest guest

The Mahamantra has been in the Vedic scriptures from much before than Chaitanya Mahaprabhu but was a confidential mantra not freely available to all. Chaitanya Mahaprabhu gave it freely to all.

• 3 weeks later...

It is mentioned in many vedic scriptures like Kali-Santarana Upanishad, Brahmanda Purana, Brahma Yamala, Ananta Samhita, Sanata Kumar Samhita etc. and also referred to in Padma Purana. In places this has been called the confidential mantra but Lord Chaitanya gave it to one and all and by His grace this has now been propagated far and wide.

BEcause the deliverance of the conditioned as we has been mentioned now we know, to be easier. Chaitanyia Mahaprabhu recomeds just as the way to purificate te heart of the being and starts to serve at the lotus feets of the deity.

As far as i know, the mantra comes from each branch of paramparaa, from the four existen varnas. it can come to you just right trough Shiva shankara, or brahma, or the Four Kumaaras... i do not know exactly exactly much more, but been readding something about and the Guru explainin this to some other devotees also.

It depends, how comes to you. But Chaitanyia ¨organizes¨ the simplest way to use the sublimest way to purificate the mind. etc.

Hari Bol.