IndiaDivine.org

new to this site

Rate this topic

suresan

what are your questions? if i don't answer, i'm sure someone else will.

the Gita is the essence of our philosophy, but it can be a tough read at first. to learn about the personality of Krsna, i would also recommend KRSNA book, available at Krishna.com.

thanks!

Dear Sir,

my most humble obeisances to another devotee of the Supreme Lord!

If you are needing guidance in ways to bloom your Krishna consciousness and worship, there are a few books you may start with :

1. Bhagavad Gita AS IT IS

2. Nectar of Devotion

3. Krishna Consciousness at Home (available at most ISKCON temples or through Krishna.com)

4. Isopanisad - Isa Upanishad with purports of HDG Srila Prabhupada - this Upanishad is incidentally usually the first scripture that vedic students in India have to study.

There are many others, but the above will get you started. Of these, the first two are a MUST. BG contains the words of God. NOD is the only book that I know of that gives a scientific study of how to do devotion. All scriptures say "do devotion", "do bhakti", etc. NOD actually teaches you how to do that bhakti and devotion.

BTW, many books are available online, free, at vedabase.net

Hare Krishna!

PS be sure to celebrate Janmasthami at your nearest ISKCON temple this friday/saturday!!!