IndiaDivine.org

Junior Haridasa

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

Some people might not think that the following question is very important, but I am curious anyway.

Was Junior Haridasa a brahmacari or a sannyasi?

The description in the CC where Lord Caitanya rejects him makes me think that maybe he was a sannyasi...but I am not 100% clear on this point.

Thank you in advance.

All glories to Srila Prabhupada

please forgive me if this is a naive question: it is my understanding that Lord Caitanya rejected Junior Haridasa to set an example, but in reality Junior Haridasa was not rejected and attained the eternal loving service of the Lord in Golok? is my understanding correct?

Haribolo

Hi, you wrote:

"please forgive me if this is a naive question: it is my understanding that Lord Caitanya rejected Junior Haridasa to set an example, but in reality Junior Haridasa was not rejected and attained the eternal loving service of the Lord in Golok? is my understanding correct?"

That's more or less my understanding. He would come and sing for Gaura after having commited suicide:

http://webcom.com/ara/spanish/art/chota.jpg

BTW, does anyone know if Chota Haridasa was in the first or fourth ashram?

Or did 'renunciate' simply mean one who had adopted babaji vesh...at least to Caitanya Vaisnavs in the days of Chota Haridasa?

Many thanks to anyone who can help.