IndiaDivine.org

religion?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

First of all, i think, you should define religion as per your understanding. Unfortunately, now days, the word religion has been used for political purposes and hence is getting a beating from people from all walks of life as the general public think it is too sensitive an issue to use the word religion or religiious, this is mainly due to the misuse in the political arena (also due to terrorist activities and other global issues).

However, religiion is defined (according to me), that any philosophy that teaches man complete surrender to GOD and love for GOD which means, if we want to love GOD, then we have to follow HIS teachings as per the particular philosohpy and love every entity (moving and non-moving) as God's creation and treat them with love and affection. In other words, we should be compassionate, humble and tolerant towards all entities around us and ultimately serve God with love and compassion.

If we consider the above as the criteris as the true definition of religion, clearly, 99% of the so called modern day religions will be out of contention.

But, Gaudiya Vaishnavism is one such school of thought that teaches all that was mentioned and more.

Hence, if you use the modern day definition of religion (which is just political and nothing to do with GOD), then Gaudiya Vaishnavism is not that kind of religion but can be considered a School of thought, like Saivism or Sri Vaisnavism.

Gaudiya Vaishnavites follow a Paramapara, that is a particular lineage of devotees going back to Lord Krishna (the Supreme GOD) and this school teaches God Consciousness as per revealed by the previous spiritual teachers (acharyas) and as per shastras (vedic literature).

In my opinion, Gaudiya Vaishnava school is a comprehensive philosophy in comparison to other schools of thought. Hence this makes it the only pathway for common man in this age of Kali where we can see God face to face. I say this because of its ideals and also because of its practicality of following it suited for this age of quarrel.

Haribol!

anand

but to say is a "school of thougth" or a "filosophy" is so far away from to say

"The Gaudiya Vaishnava Religion"

you will never say that the Catholicism is, first of all, a religion, why is so diferent when we talk about The Gaudiya Vaishnavism?