IndiaDivine.org

Missionary Work....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi,

I'm new to ISKCON. I want to know how I can get involved with missionary work. I'm finishing school and would like to work with ISKCON fulltime. I live in Los Angeles. Are there people I can meet with to help me on my goal. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hare Krishna,

There is a nice big ISKCON temple in LA. They might have classes there for you to take. Or go to Vrindavan or Mayapur and take the Bhakti Shastri course whereever in the world you can find it. This course covers Bhagvad Gita, Isopanishad, Nectar of Instruction and Nectar of Devotion. If you are coming to the Washington DC area, a new batch of Bhakti Shastri will start in around December/January. I am just finishing taking this course and would highly recommend it.

but can you still tell me where you have this bhakti course in vrindavan? Is it the Vrindavan in India you're talking about? Can you give me details, a link if possible? Thanks in advance.

http://www.vihe.org/

Take a look at this site for bhakti shastri course. There is also a new batch of bhakti shastri course starting in the Potomac, Maryland ISKCON temple in December this year and it is free if you want to stay in the US. The course in Vrindavan, India is full time and finishes in a few months. The one in the Potomac temple is only 3 hours class a week and will take about 18 months.

I agree with one of the earlier posters is that you should not neglect your professional career/education and pursue bhakti along with it.