IndiaDivine.org

does the onions and garlic make shri krishna love one less?

Rate this topic

Karushka

i sometimes think there is too many rules and that dampens one from becoming krishna conscious - the rules and regulations are fair and perfect but the nitty gritty stuff like not consuming onion and garlic for it been tamastic food - that is also health tonics to fite flus and boost the immune system.

besides no one can ever be a pure vegeterian so therefore we all offer and cook food for the blessed lord krishna.

i follow the 4 rules and i try to chant 16 rounds. i cook food and offer it to shri krishna and if i eat out i utter the prayer before a meal.

what i can not do worries me - like not taking my chanting bag all over, not wearing the tilak but i do wear my tulasi beads, i do not bath the deity and dress it and sing the iskcon prayer songs except for the food prayer.

does this make me less appealing to krishna.

Dear Karushka,

yes it is very diffiult to follow rules and regulations. So many little things, so many ways to break them, so many almost trivial "yes's" and "no's" that we actually see no reason for.

God loves us all. We are his little parts and particles. We are his children, we are his creation, made, controled and distroyed by him. And in our hearts there is Sri Krishna, knowing us better then we know ourselves.

We do not belong to any human being. We do not belong to any race, any family, country or social caste. We are spiritual same as dear Lord Sri Krishna.

But, in order to be aware of that love, to have actual spiritual realization, to actually understand it we must bring ourselves to such a level and that is why so many things are required.

His love is uncoditional, he does not love you less if I break rules. But, when I break a rule, it is same as trying to watch the world with eyes shut.

Hare Krishna.

Just do what you can and try to slowly improve but don't think that by not doing everything you are not worthy.

Even a small sacrifice is very much appreciated.